News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Chairoplane?

Started by The Void, 29 June, 2012, 08:23:09

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

From Orin over at The Juggling Edge
QuoteWhile struggling to consistently do a one turn aeroplane with the kendama I had a flash of inspiration. You can get the ken to do lots of spins very easily by resting it flat on a surface before tugging on the string.

Not quite an aeroplane because it doesn't really swing but I just pulled off a 4 spin (I think).

#kendama #TricksIWillNeverBeAbleToDoTwice
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

MattDeCoteau

Hahahahha I always do that same thing! So much fun...only gotten it once or twice though..

TheKendamaSensation

One-Turn Aeroplane is my arch enemy. I can land it around 1 out of 30 tries. Not very impressive.

the milky oolong

I find the 1-Turn Aeroplane miles easier than Flip Lighthouse; some days I can get the right spin, others I just can't find it no matter what. Which leads me to a question: In searching for the right spin with both of these tricks, I have also tried tucking the ring finger of the hand holding the tama just behind the string, in order to control the 'tension', which seems to give a more controlled flip. Not that I plan on competing, but is this officially being a big girl's blouse?
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

BKA

There is a BKA rule that you are not allowed to change your grip of the ken/ball during a trick (unless it is a requirement of that trick, of course). However, if your ring finger was not gripping the ball in the first place, that would be okay.

Are you talking about a Chairoplane version, though, or the normal 1-T Aero?

the milky oolong

I suppose I'm talking about any 1-Turn trick, generally about controlling the rotation of the ken, but as I am a long way off from doing 1-Turn Lunars or any other such madness I can only speak for 1-Turn Aero and 1-Turn Lighthouse.
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate