News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

shalafi

Ah, the half pirouette makes sense, otherwise the reverse swing is quite hard to catch as aeroplane.

Do glasses count as headwear?
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

Sonicpearse

Sonicpearse

shalafi

I gave it a go yesterday for 10 minutes. The half pirouette makes it a bit harder, but I should be able to land it.

shalafi

Sorry for the poor light quality, I did had better light during the day but did not manage to land it.

I am doing 2.5 circles and a half turn (I don't think it qualifies as a pirouette). I noticed that it is possible to do one less circle, but they are not complete, that's why I went for this version.

I hope you like it :)

Endless Combo #111 - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

Sonicpearse

Done with style Shalafi - good one!
I like it!
So, over to you buddy - where are you going to take us next?
Sonicpearse

shalafi

Thanks!

So, for the next trick... man, we've done a lot of things starting on aeroplane catch. *goes reviewing all the combo*

#112 [From Aeroplane catch] -> Somersault to opposite Lunar
* ken must do a complete flip (and a bit more).
* You can catch it on the small or big cup, but the base cup must look towards you.
* Will appreciate if the ken spins only on one axis.

@The Void, @Lars Vegas, @Dimensions, @Sonicpearse & @shalafi must sit out this round

Dimensions

Quote from: shalafi on 23 January, 2015, 19:56:50
* ken must do a complete flip (and a bit more).
I assume you mean "and a bit less?" Or are you requiring a double?
Taking my origional assumption, the official post goes:

Next trick is:
112. [from Aeroplane Position] > Somersault to Opposite Lunar
- Start from an aeroplane
- Release the ken in any direction
- Catch on catch on opposite lunar (a.k.a inward lunar)
- Keep ballanced still for 3 seconds

Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait, not Square.
[user]The Void[/user], [user]Lars Vegas[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user], [user]Sonicpearse[/user] & [user]shalafi[/user] must sit out of this round.
Good luck everyone!
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

shalafi

No, it is a bit more than one turn, because the spin is not reverse, it is a normal spin.

Edit: I was considering a reverse spin, but I thought a normal one would look nicer.

Look at the ken rotation and the fact that it is an opposite lunar.

1st cup passes very early (aprox 45 degrees) and the position is for an opposite lunar.
2nd cup passes later (about 225 degrees) and the position is for a normal lunar.
1st cup passes again (aprox 360+45 degrees) and the position is for an opposite lunar. THIS is the one that has to be catched.

The Void

Tricky. Glad I'm not in this round! I might give it a try, just as a challenge...
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Dimensions

So you want somthing along these lines? (The second part)

But from aeroplane instead?

...Tricky...

shalafi

Yes, something like the last part, but from aeroplane instead of from opposite lunar.

Nice combo BTW.

If you two think it's tricky I may have overdone it...

The Void

I just had a few tries. It's going to be tough. I think it needs a high, floaty spin, and probably a Sourmash-esque sticky ball.

Paging [user]mreasyguy[/user]?
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

the milky oolong

So, let me get this straight, it's a loaded tama 'flip' forward into Inward Lunar? Like this (at 1:10)? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qEII-QklCs&x-yt-ts=1421914688&x-yt-cl=84503534
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

Dimensions

I think Shalafi means: get in to an opposite lunar by flipping the ken in a standard J-stick motion (with the spike initially going away from you) and catch on an opposite lunar.
(Like in the IG video above)

shalafi

Yes, Dimensions is right, the ken has to do a standard J-stick motion. The video posted by the milky oolong does a reverse motion, not what I'm looking for.