News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Collaboration Video 2019 - call for submissions

Started by The Void, 28 February, 2019, 16:29:17

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Hi,

I will be editing the forum collaboration video again in 2019. Check out the vids from 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 if you haven't seen them.

I invite any and all forum members to submit video clips for inclusion.

DETAILS
1. You must be a forum member here. (It's free to join, and everyone is welcome. Click here to sign up.)
2. Any skill level is welcome.
3. HD preferred, and minimum resolution of 1280x720 please. (Sorry, but it's 2019, y'know. If you really don't have a device that can shoot that, well, I bet you have a friend who does.)
4. Film in Landscape orientation only - not Portrait , not Square .
5. Please try to keep the clips fairly short. As a guide, anything over 25 seconds is quite long in a compilation video.
6. Upload your clips to your own hosting, or a site like dropbox/wetransfer/mediafire/google drive, etc etc, and send me a forum DM with the link. Any file format except WMV please. (If you can really ONLY do WMV, then please upload your file as a *hidden video* to YT ("unlisted"), Vimeo or Juggling.tv (Private), and send me the link, and I will use the highest quality converted file from there.)
7. You will be credited in the video with your Forum username.
8. Please DON'T talk online about what trick(s) you have submitted, and DON'T show your clips to anyone else. It will spoil the surprise of the final video. (But you are welcome to add to the hype by saying things like "I've submitted to the collab video, woo! Exciting!", of course, just not about what trick you've submitted.)
9. You can submit more than one clip, but I do not guarantee that I will use more than one clip per person.
10. Multi-person clips are fine too. (Only forum members will be credited.)
11. Submission deadline is 23:59GMT, May 31st, 2019.

GUIDELINES
- Please don't add any effects/zooms/music to your clips.
- While I will NOT reject any tricks because they are "too easy", I may decide not to use a clip if the video quality is too poor. I want a good looking compilation video! So, take your time to film in good lighting (Outdoors! Go Outdoors! Sun behind the camera!).
- Have a think about all the things in your clip apart from "the trick". So: the lighting, the scenery, the shot composition, the contrast between your clothing and the kendama/string, your presentation/style, your character in the clip, etc. Something as simple as a smile can make a clip stand out.

BONUS FOR SUBMITTERS!
All submitters will be entered into a prize draw.
3 randomly-selected people will win a prize:
- Play Monster kendama
- Royal Plush
- An Origami kendama

You have 3 months! I look forward to seeing what you all come up with. Let's make it another great one this year!

Cheers,
Void
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

The first submission is in. (And it's not from me!) :-)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Oh, my, I have hardly played for the past months and I am not sure I have any idea for a trick, but I'll give it a go. I would not like my strike of appearances to stop.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

2 people are in, with 2 clips each so far. A good start!

The Void

shalafi

The Void

...received, ta. And another submission in today, so it's all ticking along nicely. Keep filming in pretty places, dudes!

The Void

The Void

shalafi

time's up!?

I'm assuming that if you don't chase people, they just forget about it. :(

The Void

Quote from: shalafi on 01 June, 2019, 21:28:10
time's up!?

I'm assuming that if you don't chase people, they just forget about it. :(
Indeed, it seems so. Just had one more in. I haven't started editing yet, and might not get around to it until next weekend, so if anyone reading this wants to sneak under the wire, clip me up sharpish!

The Void

The editing is done. I'm now in the export/compress/upload cycle, so this should be out tomorrow, fingers crossed.

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 10 June, 2019, 16:36:21
The editing is done. I'm now in the export/compress/upload cycle, so this should be out tomorrow, fingers crossed.
Looking forward to it.

The Void