News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Sweets Pro Models

Started by j4dude, 21 March, 2014, 02:07:35

Previous topic - Next topic

j4dude

With the Pro Models coming out on the site tomorrow,

Has anyone gotten to play with one already? And do you think they are worth picking up?

BKA

Haven't tried one, but here's the promo video:

BKA

swaydama

i don't normally do reviews but since Alex Ruisch's pro model has become my fav dama, i had to.

Just looking at the tama itself, the paint is beautiful. From the base color of the paint to the chameleon effect it has in the sunlight, off bat its one of the prettiest damas. i beat this dama in pretty badly and i must say the paint at first is just the right amount of tack, and righ amount of slip. Its a good challenge for sure, but once its broken in, lunars and lighthouses are cake.

Playability, i have to say the weight match from the tama to the ken is magnificent. Doing handrolls and spacewalks has become a lot easier and just from playing countleas games of kendama and battle ladders with my friends, it just feels nice in your hand. I've only owned it for less than a week, and it has broke in to become a beast of a kendama. If you own a a new Sweets focus i would say the ken is almost identical but i really like the pro model ken a lot better. i dont have a scale on hand so i dont have exact weight measurements :(

I can keep talking all day about this dama but all i gotta say is go pick one up and jam it yourself. you wont be dissapointed!

hope this helps!!

Dama on!
Dama since Oct. 2013
Dancer at heart

Confound

I just ordered Williams model and can't wait to break it in. 4 to 6 more days haha. I'll post my view on it after.

isaacsdad

The paints on Sweets Pros are beautiful. IMHO they rival the Mugen Musou aesthetically (I have a sparkling green) and hold up pretty well against the Mugen in other regards, especially when you factor in cost. They are more durable, definitely, at least compared to sparkling green. Unlike swaydama, I find the kens a mixed bag. They are very nicely made and finished, but the spec on them seems to call for a 1.75-inch (almost 4.5 cm) spike. I'm guessing it's a lunar thing, but with the spike being kinda thick at the base, other handling issues arise. The feel of the Pro ken has made me realize that I haven't found a better ken than the basic Ozora or TK16, with the TK16 being my favorite most days. Which is funny, because I think the ken that Sweets most closely resembles is the TK16.