News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

[App/Game] Kendama Spin-off!

Started by BKA, 04 March, 2013, 12:54:52

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

The Void

It's now an App too! Android and iOS. Click image for links.
Thanks [user]shalafi[/user] & Richard L!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

LarsVegas

Got it! Saw the announcement on facebook this morning.
However, the first time I started it, I couldn't spin the disk. Only after going back to the main menu and entering the players again, the spinning did work.

Anyway, very cool!
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

Dimensions

I much prefer the 'create your own' spinner on this, really helps with my consistency and a fun challenge for my BKO practice
What I like to do is on wheelie create 2 players (1st and 2nd) to see how consistent you are on your first go and on your second
I thoroughly recommend it

-Rob
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

The Void

Quote from: LarsVegas on 24 January, 2015, 11:29:06However, the first time I started it, I couldn't spin the disk. Only after going back to the main menu and entering the players again, the spinning did work.
iOS? I've found that flicking upwards gives the most effective/fastest spin.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

cello_91

the app is awesome!

Could you please add a single Player mode?

i add a fake character when i want to drill my moves and practice consitency.
it would be easier if one player is enough :)

great work!

The Void

Thanks, chaps. Reviews/ratings on the app stores are really useful for us, if you have time.

[user]shalafi[/user] is the developer, so over to him for any thoughts on if/what/when for features.

LarsVegas

We had issues with the freeze of the wheel last night. I don't know why we have been so bad (well, I think I know :) ) but it took us at last 45 min until one of us had 8 points. And then the wheel froze. Raoul, can you please investigate this.
Apart from that, the game is big fun (as in the paper version) and much more practical on a mobile device.
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

shalafi

I don't have an iOS device to test. I saw a wheel freezing problem, but that one was fixed, this may be a new one.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

Lars, please check out this video (sorry about the popping audio). Does this solve it for you?
Also, one time I had the wheel freeze, but I used the Back arrow, then Start Game, and the game restarted with the scores remembered.
[noembed]http://juggling.tv/14671?pin=5979[/noembed] (embed disabled)

shalafi

Also, you have to flick touching the wheel and reasonably fast. It is kind of a physical simulation, so speed and angle are important.

You can always go back to the previous screen (as if to enter a new player) and continue the game, that should be a decent workaround for the time being.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

BKA

The iOS version of this app will no longer be supported in iOS11, when it is released soon.
If you already have it, it will continue to work on your devices if they're running iOS 9 or 10.

It will remain available from the App store only for iOS9/10 users.