News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Confusion with Ozora colours.

Started by MigstopsKlutch, 28 June, 2014, 19:39:22

Previous topic - Next topic

MigstopsKlutch

Okay so to my understanding the yellow and sky blue ozora's have been discontinued. However a store in my area has a "light blue" ozora.

I am planning to purchase one of these two, but I would like help deciding on which.
I have considered the playability and appearance of both, however I still need a little more information.SO, may I please have anyone's insight on the following:

1) Is there such thing as a light blue, or did the store owner simply mistake the colors?
2) Are the two colors indeed discontinued? 

All opinions appreciated :)

Dimensions

To my understanding there are:
Sky blue
Powder blue
Marine blue

The powder is lighter than the sky and the marine is darker than the sky and the powder, so your store is more likely to be selling a sky or a powder ooz

For your second question, to my knowledge, the powder is only available as an OG. And the sky has been discontinued - but sorry not too sure about the marine, but that's not what your asking about anyway

Hope I helped
-Rob
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

MigstopsKlutch

This is the image posted on their website. Would anyone know which particular ozora this is?

Thanks btw Rob!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuperC0rndawg

That is the sky blue. There were two different sky blue Ozoras that were produced. The older ones that were discontinued in 2011 (i think). Then they released another run of sky blues that were discontinued in 2013. The older one is referred to as an OG Sky blue Ozora which was lighter shade of blue than the new one and the paint contained lead which was why it was discontinued. The new one is a slightly darker shade of sky blue.

left is the OG and right is the newer one
The black packaging is what Ozora used inbetween their change from old to new kendamas nowadays they are blue. The OGs were packaged in a White bag, though like in the above picture, some were packaged in the black bags.

By the way what website/store is this?