News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Missed a bilboquet

Started by The Void, 22 March, 2013, 14:06:44

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Saw this on ebay last night, with 2 hours to go, and no bids. I put in a single bid, but someone pipped me at the last minute. Oh well.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-French-Kendama-Bilboquet-Great-Green-Color-/111031393044?pt=Vintage_Antique_Toys_US&hash=item19d9fc9b14
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Waylon

I nearly threw a bid on it but wasn't sure what the value could be. Was it a good deal?

BKA

$10.49 seems pretty good for one of that size. Of course, depends which side of the Atlantic you're on as to how much of a whack the shipping added....

Waylon

A quick search on etsy.com may turn up another.

LarsVegas

Just checked the German ebay and found something very sweet: http://www.ebay.de/itm/France-Gaston-Lagaffe-Unopened-Figurine-No-3-Bilboquet-Casque-A-Pointe-A-Gift-/271144603024?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3f217a4d90

For those of you who don't know Gaston Lagaffe: He's a Belgian/French comic hero. Works for a publisher and spends more time "inventing" stuff than working. In the office he's famous for his Bilboquet "skills" - or more for the havoc that his Bilboquet (e.g. with an elastic string) create.
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Waylon

You know, you could probably make one if you have a drill, a bed knob, and an old table leg. I'm going thrifting this weekend. I'll have to see if anything I can use like that pops up.

br4d24

Quote from: Waylon on 06 May, 2013, 23:05:32
You know, you could probably make one if you have a drill, a bed knob, and an old table leg. I'm going thrifting this weekend. I'll have to see if anything I can use like that pops up.

They look EXACTLY like the bottom of old wooden lamps.

Waylon

Quote from: br4d24 on 07 May, 2013, 01:56:34
Quote from: Waylon on 06 May, 2013, 23:05:32

They look EXACTLY like the bottom of old wooden lamps.

Well if that doesn't give me some ideas. I gotta start writing this stuff down.