News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Is the kendama meant to wobble [Was: Re: Kendama with Ross and Euan 2 - At the Pond]

Started by crystal.ester.31, 27 October, 2015, 23:25:20

Previous topic - Next topic

crystal.ester.31

Is the kendama  suppose to wobble? !?![emoji54]

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

BKA

Hello @crystal.ester.31 , welcome to the forum.
Your question doesn't seem to relate to this video - is it a general enquiry? Do you mean you have a kendama that wobbles? The cross-piece wobbles on the ken? No, that shouldn't happen on a new kendama, but on an old, heavily-used kendama, it may sink down a little, but it shouldn't wobble.

If that's not what you meant, let us know what you did mean.

Peat

Hey @crystal.ester.31 do you mean the second trick? At 0.09?

If so then yes, I think that's called a Ken whip.

crystal.ester.31

Sorry trying to learn how to use this app. I have a new kendama and the part in the middle is sliding up and down wasn't sure if that's how they are or if I have a defective one . Thank you for the anwsers.

BKA

Hi @crystal.ester.31 ,
No problem.
Okay, so a loose sarado (cross-piece) should be pushed down firmly until it sits right. (Make sure you tug the ball away from the spike while doing this, to ensure the string isn't getting trapped inside.)
If you find that the cross-piece is sitting too low on the ken, then check out the video in this post http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,676.msg13979.html#msg13979 for a way to fix it.

Cheers!

BKA

Right, we split the thread, and moved it over to the Gear board.
Tagging you @crystal.ester.31 again, so you know what happened, and where! :-)

crystal.ester.31

Thank you every one ! Gonna go home and watch the video really appreciate the reply !