News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Hyped! single trick at the beach. tried a new camera angle!

Started by Cliffdama, 20 April, 2015, 15:57:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Cliffdama

not only was it the first time landing this trick, i also did a complete new camera angle. i never seen it before. first time i did this so it's not perfect yet. enjoy! and tell me what you think.

shalafi

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

Wasn't sure what was going on at first, then I realised it was Bullet Time. Nice job, although it probably needs more shots for it to really work well, I think.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Cliffdama

Thanks everyone. And you are true on that void. First time i did this and probably need at least 16 angles to make it work. Also the shot needs to be closer and not from the ground. So putting my cam on a standard would help to.

Leologic777

How'd you do it? Do you have all the cameras setup from every angle?
Great Idea btw!

-Leo ;D
Getting Better!- 11 Kendama's- Been playing for 9 months

Cliffdama

First time i draw a circle in the sand using some wire and a stick to centre it. Then split it up in 8 parts . Filmed one shot at a time. Then up to the next and so on.

Then put al data in my pc and edit it al in in order.

Bext time i'm about to do 16 angles, cam up higher and closer to me to have better view. Also the trick shot needs to be filmed from up front toget better bullet time starting and finnishing. :)

shalafi

Cliffdama

Wow thanks. Thats going to be a cool read! Next time i hit the beach i got a lot more equipment with me. And going to be more acurate with filmping spots. I just want to get it "almost" done right atleast once! :D

shalafi

I think the important part is that all the cameras are filming the same take, so the transition is smooth.

Also we can do a cheaper setup with phones, or during a meetup, where almost everyone has a camera.

The hard part will be the editing and interpolating of the images. I don't think iMovie or OpenShop (the ones I normally use) can manage that.

Cliffdama

Yeah i know, i did all of this with a single gopro. Also did a sw because you can trow that very consistant. But filming with more then one cam is the key yes. Try to be creative haha.

shalafi

Maicodama

Instagrams
@project.ark
@maico.ps
@eurodama_

shalafi

There is this other guy that has production-ready camera rigs: http://mitchmartinez.com/timeslice/

Check out this video, it is not kendama but fire spitting, and it is freaking awesome