News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Kendama Consistency Challenge 33: Ornithology

Started by the milky oolong, 19 April, 2016, 15:25:30

Previous topic - Next topic

the milky oolong

Quote from: Jak on 22 April, 2016, 01:49:32
This was the second go after coming back to it! Either my computers running slow or the video is a bit glitchy, not sure why.

@Jak, man, what a sweet run, but please look at the description for trick 7, Ski Lift to Bird: 'draw Tama up string with finger'. In your video at 1:08 (I've watched it several times), you pull up, and kind of add the finger afterwards. I know I didn't state this too specifically, but you can see from my video at circa 50sec that I place my finger under the string and draw the string over my finger up to the height at which I land the Bird. After being so hard on @Dimensions I can't go easy now on you. So, sorry, please watch my video and film the line again with the improved Ski Lift. Just to be clear:

Ski Lift: place free hand index finger under hanging string. Draw tama up string, trying to use at least 1/2 the string length. Catch the balance trick (in this case Bird) at the highest possible point.

And guys, have you all moved to Norway or something? Can't anyone film out in the sun with good lighting? The TV glow background was cutting it fine to begin with!

But seriously, thanks for the effort, Jak, I know you can nail this one clean!

Onward!
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

Jak

Haha OK no worries, I'll try again. It's not always easy to film outside when it's light cause I have a young daughter who requires my attention/gets in the way during daylight hours! I have outlink to try film this afternoon, if I get a chance I'll redo this after!

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

shalafi

Quote from: Jak on 22 April, 2016, 15:22:24
Haha OK no worries, I'll try again. It's not always easy to film outside when it's light cause I have a young daughter who requires my attention/gets in the way during daylight hours! I have outlink to try film this afternoon, if I get a chance I'll redo this after!

Shouldn't you be trying outlink? :-P
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

BKA

Quote from: shalafi on 22 April, 2016, 17:29:56

Shouldn't you read what he wrote? :P

shalafi

Quote from: BKA on 22 April, 2016, 17:33:11
Quote from: shalafi on 22 April, 2016, 17:29:56

Shouldn't you read what he wrote? [emoji14]
I, indeed, could use some reading.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

Jak

Literally have no time to watch it, hopefully I've not missed a set of tricks out, haha.
This trick was my break, now back to Outlink...!

the milky oolong

Congratulations, @Jak, that was a faultless run! Please PM me your postal address and your desired swag from the kendama.cz shop, and I'll get your prize sent over to you.

Thanks to everyone who had a go at this, even if you didn't get a chance to upload.

Have a great Saturday, everyone.

TMO
Kendama Berlin

Dimensions

Damn it Jake! Twice in two days!
Haha, nice one!
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

BKA

Jak

Haha Rob, I'm so sorry man. I didn't want to jump in like that. I gave you another day to get your second attempt in but you were just too slow and, well, I could wait lol. Hope you can forgive me dude!

Thanks a lot Milky.  Will check out the website and get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks again for doing this!

So how is KCC 34 sorted? I'm new to this. :)

BKA

Jak

Dimensions

Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

Jak

Haha, I'm sure you will mate. I looked at the tricks for the first time a couple of days ago; there's some tricky ones in there.

the milky oolong

Kendama Consistency Challenge 33: Ornithology is now over: the winner is @Jak, as you have all seen @Dimensions was hard done by due to filming regulations dictated by yours truly, the unworthy challenge-setter. I would like to personally thank the two aforementioned players and also @The Void for giving this a visible go, as well as any of you who gave this challenge a try. The prize has already been bought and booked for the winner, and I hope Rob won't take it personally that his furiously prompt attempt was decilned on such a miserly fault. It was great fun making this challenge, less fun having to deal with the responsibility of judging it, but I learned a lot.

Thanks, kendamists. You are my true heroes.

TMO.
Kendama Berlin