News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

the milky oolong

Does anyone else feel daunted not by the prospect of landing the trick, but of getting enough people to jump on the bandwagon so as to tick the party box?
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

Chuck some Nick Lowe on the stereo. We're all partying together here, anyway.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

SamB

One (wo)man super party is totally acceptable. That's how I'd probably do it. But you have to make up for the lack of people by partying harder on your own!
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

shalafi

Hey guys! Come on, someone has to do a party!
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

the milky oolong

I have a chance to nail this on the 30th. Gonna be a close one if I can manage the trick :) Good luck, party people!
Kendama Berlin

The Void

BUMP!

Did you get it, milky? Anyone else?
Quote from: BKA on 14 August, 2014, 15:39:23
He he. Okay, gotcha.

[user]DamaLife24[/user], [user]The Void[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user], [user]Kev[/user], [user]kendamatty[/user], [user]SamB[/user], [user]mreasyguy[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user], [user]the milky oolong[/user], [user]jsirois31[/user], [user]shalafi[/user], [user]donald grant[/user] & [user]Sonicpearse[/user] are now entered into the prize draw for rounds 76-100.

Next trick is:
100. [from Sara grip] > Reverse Whirlwind (& optional Earth Turn)
-Whilst having a party
-Start with a loaded ken in sara grip
-Move your hand in an anticlockwise rotation so your little finger is moving upwards and thumb downwards
-This means the spike with the tama on it is now pointing the floor
-Flick the tama off for an anticlockwise spinning earth turn (optional but I think easier)
-Throw the ken so it rotates anticlockwise, base cup moving up and to the left
-Allow the ken to rotate in the air 270-360 degrees
-Catch the ken in sara grip
-Spike the tama
-Continue to party

Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait, not Square.
Successful entrants get put in the prize draw.
[user]The Void[/user], [user]donald grant[/user], [user]DamaLife24[/user], [user]shalafi[/user] & [user]SamB[/user] must sit out round 100.
Good luck everyone!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

the milky oolong

Peter and I had a session at the party, but there were way too many interested newcomers wanting to try it out, and we quickly shifted into newbie coaching mode and had to forego the Endless Combo shot. Drat! Consider it a sacrifice for the greater good of kendama: I gave away two worn-in kendamas on the back of it :)
Kendama Berlin

Dimensions

Anyone interested in a mini kendama party in Newbury? Haha
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

DamaLife24

Bryan Burnett

shalafi

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

Next compilation vid is ready to go (pending Sam's approval of Will).....
C'mon @SamB, get back off the groom (whatever that means!).

SamB

Haha yes! Excellent. I hope master editor can find suitable music!
First EC for Will T?
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

The Void

Cool, I'll get the video out tomorrow, plus the prize draw.

BKA

And now we have reached #100, [user]Dimensions[/user] takes over as The Endless Combo head honcho. Thanks, and good luck, Rob!