News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Old video: Kendama Tribe

Started by The Void, 23 January, 2012, 15:11:48

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

I thought I'd post some of my old videos here, for those that might not have seen them, with a little back-story.

Firstly Tribe. It was late 2007, Robin & I had just started planning for a kendama competition (what a crazy idea, it'll never catch on!), and I was thinking about videos. I'd been searching online, and at the time, pretty much all I could find were videos of single tricks, almost all shot indoors[nb]How I had managed to miss Colin Sander's videos at this point, I don't know.[/nb]. These were fine in themselves, and very useful for learning tricks, but as someone from the juggling world, I was used to people making fun little mini-movies, with nice shooting and locations, humour and character. So I wondered where were the kendama videos of this kind? Well if they didn't exist, I'd have to make one. So one late-autumn afternoon, Robin, Matt and I met up in Bristol for a couple of hours filming. Don't expect hardcore tricks, but maybe we can raise a smile or two.

http://juggling.tv/860 ← Please go to JTV for HD/download
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Woo, over 10000 views! Only took 7 years. :)
https://juggling.tv/860
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

LarsVegas

You've come a long way, Sir :) It's so funny with old juggling (etc.) videos. What we thought was groundbreaking in these days is so common today. But at that time it was hot. And it's great the we moved on. It's great that we're still onto it but on a higher level. Maybe in 10 years from now, we look at today's video and call them "not hardcore".

And yes, you got me smiling with the "Around the world" in front of the "Around the world".
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

The Void

Quote from: LarsVegas on 18 November, 2014, 22:38:28And yes, you got me smiling with the "Around the world" in front of the "Around the world".
:-D

HansNickmans

Wow, this brings me back!
Back to a time when Colin Sander was only starting out and Kendama HK 1/2 was the only impressive kendama video I could find on youtube (and in slow motion!). And I also had just one kendama...

This video taught me quite a lot back in the day! Thanks!
Kendama Belgium!

LarsVegas

Quote from: HansNickmans on 19 November, 2014, 11:28:23
Kendama HK 1/2 was the only impressive kendama video I could find on youtube

Does that video still exist? I can't find anything with that title on youtube.

BKA

HansNickmans

Kendama Belgium!

LarsVegas

Thanks. These clips are six years old, but even by today's standard, they do quite impressive moves

shalafi

Good old times, when the kendama videos on youtube were not hardcore...
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

Trace3k

I love this video, Void. It's inspiration for when I make my first edit. The rainy season has hit in Vancouver Canada so it will probably be less of an outside video. I like the POV edits so I can see what it's supposed to look like to me.

The Void

Happy 15th birthday, Kendama Tribe! :-)