News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Kendama Records! You can do it how many times!?!?!?!

Started by Dave, 03 November, 2011, 21:47:46

Previous topic - Next topic

happygoat

Oops, then this is unbeatable for me, at the moment. Impressive.

Think not, I did this in a 30 minute session, and I am by no means an advanced player....you can do it!!  ;D

BKA

Well done [user]happygoat[/user]. How appropriate that your current posting status is "Lighthouse Keeper". :)

happygoat

Quote from: BKA on 12 June, 2013, 14:56:25
Well done [user]happygoat[/user]. How appropriate that your current posting status is "Lighthouse Keeper". :)

What a coincidence! :)

I made a new try last evening and bumped it up to 36 lighthouses in a row. Video updated in my original post.

BKA

Well done, [user]happygoat[/user], except.... well this thread is only for a bit of fun, but we were firm with [user]benjugglin[/user], so it's only fair to hold you to the same standards:
Quote from: BKA on 19 January, 2012, 16:05:33...unfortunately you didn't hold a single one of them still for the standard 3 seconds. That's a competition standard, so unfortunately, we can't give you that one, even though all of your catches looked solid. :(
In your first video, you were cutting the "3 seconds" pretty fine quite a few times, but we gave you the benefit of the doubt. But in this one, I don't think a single one was held still for 3 seconds, and some of them looked like they weren't even completely still before you took the ken off. So sorry, but your record remains at 25. We're sure you can beat that - just don't be in such a hurry. :)

Edit: Added "-Balance tricks should be held still for 3 seconds." to the first post's rules.

happygoat

I agree - fair enough, it shouldn't be that hard to repeat it (or bump the record even more up  8))! I'll take it as a challenge... :D

PikWik

wow this thread is great; epic trick archive!

when i get 3 earth spins after an around the world i flip out :)
now i got a new challenge

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

jafish41

BKA

Interesting...

So, firstly, that was 48, and well done!

Some thoughts that occur to us:
- You didn't film this "for the forum".... but hey, I guess that doesn't matter, you still did it, right? And it doesn't say you have to in the rules, so no problem there. In fact, to be clear, maybe we can now say something like "old videos and videos filmed for other events or competitions ARE allowed, as long as they are posted here by the person performing the trick."
- You adjusted the string with your free hand 4(?) times. Hmmmm. Now if this was a BKA live competition, that would not be allowed. Reading back the rules as originally set by Dave, he wrote
Quote...perform said trick, then without readjusting complete the same trick again and again and again
We went back and watched the existing record by Jarett, and he does a little finger twiddle with the hand holding the ball a few times, in order to adjust the string. So again, that would not be allowed in a live competition... but we already allowed it in the thread. Oops. So on that basis, I think we have to allow your new record to stand. Well done.

But I think to be consistent with our own rules, what we should do is "archive" your record as an anomaly. So... that means we have to go back and check the previous entries for Lighthouse Somersault: KendAlex did 12... but only 2 in a row without finger twiddles. Thorny did 21, but watching carefully, we reckon that there's a run of 9 (#6-#14) where he didn't adjust... so that's the new "proper" record.

jafish, you've still got the record of 31 on a stringless kendama though!

We'll also add "Please try to film in good lighting." to the rules. It's not very easy to judge if there's an error or infringement in a fuzzy video, and you all want us to believe you, right?

Right, sorry if this all seems a bit strict, but ultimately, clear rules = no arguments.

jafish41

That is fine man! I filmed that for something else and didn't follow the BKA Forum guidelines! I completely understand!

Dimensions

11 pull up whirlwinds
A new forum record - beating [user]MisterJumpshoe[/user]'s previous record
BKA record - 11 pull up whirlwinds - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

BKA

Well done!
(Note for next time/other people: Keep the ball in the cup for at least a second, just to show the catch is clean.)

KendAlex

new personal Record,

i did used a fresh Pearl blue Mugen for this one

BKA

Well done, Alex. It's always good to better your own records!

But, perhaps that trick doesn't "fit" as a record in this thread. After all, in theory, that is a static balance, so it could stay balanced forever!

KendAlex

oke thanks Void
the record is already chrushed and someone did in 4 seconds
hahaah
i think i started the stack hype again :p