News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

HansNickmans

@Void: Sure thing! I'm gonna be practicing them a lot this week to get them down ever better (together with the dan practice).
Kendama Belgium!

mreasyguy

Today I landed a no hole stilt (on purpose for a change). Held for 3 seconds too. Was mighty impressed with that one  ;D

Waylon

I went to Mideast regional yoyo contest Saturday. Got to play a few Bahama Kendamas at the YoyoSam table, including a jumbo sized one. That was pretty fun. Landed Falling Down on the first try. I'm pretty sure I need a jumbo now :)

emagdnim

Been trying Lunar, Get it now at 1/15.
Pretty stoked about that one.

Dadooh

Today i landed lunar "tré" flip!

The Void

Everyone's rockin' it hard!

I've just been drilling my Dan tricks - still a long way to go - but it's been hot here, and I melt in the heat, so I've not been doing much. I'm hoping for a nice temperate 22 degrees all week long in Toulouse, so I can just jam all day with the gang. :-)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

br4d24

Landed first stilt today, and first 2 turn lighthouse. Got the latter on film with some fresh tricks/combos you guys havent seen me do on film. Also getting much better at editing videos.

Tetsuya Takahashi

Got a yellow new ozora in a game of keeps. Landed lunar flip, 2 turn lighthouse, and spike fasthand one turn light house finally!!! ;D

emagdnim

Landed this combo.. Inward Aeroplane -> Jumping stick -> jumping stick lunar.

Waylon

Got my first Bird yesterday morning. My first full Whirlwinds the day before that. Pretty stoked.

the milky oolong

...got caught in a storm on the way home from work, half-day, spent two hours in a metro station with a 'friend' (a new Sunrise natural wood finish): sharpened up my Big Cup 3/4 flip to Lighthouse, worked out Big Cup Reverse 3/4 flip to Lighthouse (quite tricky, give it a go!), had fun with some awkward Stab configurations, and finally got to grips with Stunt Plane to so-called 'Upside Down Jumping Stick' - a name that sours the achievement of learning the trick:

1:"Hey chap, last night I landed an Upside Down Jumping Stick!"
2:"No idea what you mean, but congratulations anyway. I'm off to work on my Sideways Jumping Sticks."
1: "Ah, a real milestone, the old Sideways JS. Keep it horizontal and remember, KNEES!"

Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

Tetsuya Takahashi

Been messing around with spacewalks, handrolls, flips of all sorts and juggling. The drawback to this experiment was a chip on my blue ozora and a very deep nick on my red tk 16.

The Void

Way to go guys.

Today I failed by one attempt at one trick to self-certify myself as 6th Dan. My best run yet, but...

..Curse you, Bird! 7/10, damn!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

PikWik

ive switched to only playing with competition kendamas and so far ive been landing bird over valleys, jumping sticks, 1 turn lighthouses, swing in birds, and UFOs

im still way behind you top players here, but its just one of those things where practice makes 'perfect'. and by practice i mean PRACTICE :) getting better at kendama is really forcing me to focus on my posture as well. ive been working out my back more recently and thats been helping a lot.

Quote..Curse you, Bird! 7/10, damn!
im sure youll get that cert, void!

The Void

Last Tuesday I casually got 19 Earth Turns in a row.

But today I strugglefully self-certified myself as 6th Dan for the first time. Damn it's hard. Now the long road of moving from "once" to "a few times" to "several" to "regularly" to "usually". And believe me, that's a long road...