News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

LXG - Leicester Xmas Gathering (tricking x kendama)

Started by jordanfung, 16 December, 2013, 14:22:42

Previous topic - Next topic

jordanfung

Hi everyone, this weekend in Leicester, UK I am organising a tricking gathering. If you're not sure what tricking is here is a video Over the past year pretty much all trickers have become kendama players and we'll be having kendama battles on the saturday night. If anyone wants to come down and shred some kendama with us you're more than welcome. Here is a link to the Facebook event https://www.facebook.com/events/362801047185891/?fref=ts

The Void

Hi Jordan,

Welcome to the forum. Nice to hear of a new bunch of players out there. Unfortunately, your facebook link doesn't resolve for me. :-(
I think it might be a "visibility" thing - could you make the event publicly visible on facebook please? Or post a day/date/time/location/other info here?

I'm currently free on Saturday, so I could potentially come along and meet you all.

Meanwhile, you guys are not a million miles away from Leeds, so stick this in your calendar: http://www.kendama.co.uk/bko2014.html ! :-)

Meanwhile... the first time I saw a video of tricking, my reaction was the probably-usual-uninformed one of "so, it's like, err...  jumping then?" (the video wasn't that great). But having now seen better videos - yours included - I now know that tricking is cool. (It's just not for my old bones.)
Cheers!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

jordanfung

The link should work now, i've changed the privacy settings :) It would be awesome if you came down to meet us !!
I'm glad to hear you find tricking interesting as we all LOVE kendama, we find they both and many parallels and similarities, in training, tricks and variations and the community itself.

Myself and a few other will definitely be at the BKO 2014 !!

The Void

Thanks dude, I can see the link now. Hmm, I'm afraid that price is going to put me off though. I can't afford that plus fuel from Bristol for a jolly. (I do understand that venues are expensive.) Sorry.

Cool to hear I'll get to meet a few of you at BKO though.

Hmmm, how about Ballring convention as an alternative meet-up place? It's somewhere half way between us, and the entry price is liable to be something like £4 for the day + £4 for the evening show. (Based on previous years' prices.) http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1485.0.html https://www.facebook.com/events/1401317360081728/
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

jordanfung

If you're just coming for the day you don't have to buy a gathering ticket. Day entrance is £10 :)

That event looks interesting, ill take a look at the dates and things

The Void

Ah, that's more reasonable. Hmmm, I'll see... maybe! :-)

The Void

The Void

That was fun. I'll post a bit about it tomorrow when I'm not so tiredzzzzzzzzzzzz.

The Void

Kendama+cliniK

This all looks like a blast! I love to see that sort of public integration between folks. By the way, tricking looks SICK! Totally scary for this fatty though. haha
Kendama+cliniK

BKA