News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

MANCHESTER 2/2/19

Started by paulsayer, 26 January, 2019, 15:24:50

Previous topic - Next topic

paulsayer

Sound Kendama are throwing an event next week. Would love to see a few of you there :) Here's the details.

VENUE
Cloud Aerial Arts
M40 7FS

COST
£3.50 comp entry.

TIMETABLE

SATURDAY
11am – Registration
12pm – Beginner Open*
1:30pm – Ken Battle begins
4pm – 7-to-spike
5pm – Comp ends
8pm – Dinner

Sunday
12pm – Meet at Piccadilly Gardens
2pm – Dama Blitz Tournament
6pm – Dinner

*Trick List

See you there!

The Void

. @paulsayer Yee har. Right, will be a bit of a motorway slog, but me and @Dimensions will make it along.

Found some useful parking/public transport info on their website: http://cloudaerialarts.co.uk/skyloft-manchester/
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

The Void

The Void

Podium placers in (clockwise fr top left) Follow, KEN, 7ToSpike, Last Man Standing.

The Void

Sixty-eight guns may never die, but two Alarms (plus two texts and 4 phone calls) aren't enough to wake @Dimensions, it seems, so I drove up to Manchester alone. A dull drive, but enlivened by a podcast on the Punic Wars (wait, both Scipios were appellated Africanus? Well, that's confusing.) and I made it for 11:30, in time to register, chill with a coffee and say my hellos before things got under way.

There weren't enough Beginners for a division, so that turned into a mass game of Follow instead. Teo took it down, edging out over Sean and @Maicodama . After a short break, we were into the KEN battle. Head-to-head knockout format. I was up against Marius in the first round. It was a really fun battle, both of us with different styles, and both missing some sets we should have nailed, but also both hitting sets that were both matched and unmatched. I lost KEN-KE, but enjoyed it a lot.

You can watch the Semis, 3rd Place Playoff and Final in the Periscope link (in the Tweet) above. (Almost killed my battery, but I had a power pack to survive on.) Look away now to avoid spoilers.....

This time Dice took down Teo, with Matt in 3rd.
Then Teo hosted a Last Man Standing game. Leftie Spike took me out. Bah. ;-) @Dice126 took this one too, ahead of (not sure which order...) Sean and Paul.

Then it was on to 7ToSpike, with 14 players all in one round. There was a rule that you could only score a point if you were the king, and I'm not sure if I think that was good or not. The game lasted far too long, but there you go. I managed to become King 3 times, but alas, I couldn't impress the judges enough to then gain any points. So it goes, so it goes. Teo took this one too. I think it was Maico 2nd and @Its_mrdiz  3rd, but forgive me if I've got those the wrong way round.

Then it was time for prize giving and a group photo. The time flew by quite quickly, and we only had the hall until 5, so unfortunately, there was no time to chill out afterwards. Sorry not to have had time to chat to everyone, but hi to Demetrius, Marius, Clark, Teo, Louis and all the rest I did speak to. Oh, and by the way... there were loads of great kendama skills and tricks on display, so well played everyone!

Big thanks to @paulsayer & crew for making it all happen, and I'm glad I made the effort to get there. (Even if I did miss the M5 turnoff on the way home, and had to drive the long way around Birmingham - D'OH!) Hope you're all enjoying the evening, and have a good day tomorrow.

I'll put up my pics at some point soon, but until then, Ciao4Now,
Void Out!

BKA

The Void

Here are my pics from Saturday. No re-uploads, please!
Click for gallery:

https://tlmb.net/galleries/SKUKTour-Manc/

The Void