News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

European Kendama Open 2017

Started by jakub.zahumensky, 18 April, 2017, 19:16:42

Previous topic - Next topic

jakub.zahumensky

Quote from: shalafi on 14 June, 2017, 20:41:24
I know you worked with the tricks you were sent, but the difficulty of the gloken style cup is quite higher than the one on the real gloken cup. Specially on the lower levels.

Well, you should have sent us some, then ;) Anyway, I am now watching the videos and yes, of course, our level 1 corresponds in difficulty to KWC level 3. BUT, KWC level 10 (not even the highest level, corresponding to EKO levels 8-9) is mental, definitely harder than EKO level 10. KWC level 4 corresponds to EKO levels 3-4, I find the difficulty more or less the same.
So yeah, for EKO levels 1-3 you're right, but then the tricks don't get as hard as at the KWC. Also consider that vast majority of the tricks came from European players, so it's not like some outside force is at play here - from European players for European players. Anyway, the beauty of this format is that everybody can pick the tricks they like.

PS for Void: I ruled the ken games at the Kendama Clash in Berlin last weekend with tap tornado lighthouses and candle downspikes :D Neat tricks, both of them, thank you for introducing them to me (one way or another - outlink or outlink, right?) - Cooper Eddy got a letter on each :D. And of course the forearm bounces, hehe

The Void

Quote from: jakub.zahumensky on 14 June, 2017, 22:15:48PS for Void: I ruled the ken games at the Kendama Clash in Berlin last weekend with tap tornado lighthouses and candle downspikes :D Neat tricks, both of them, thank you for introducing them to me (one way or another - outlink or outlink, right?) - Cooper Eddy got a letter on each :D. And of course the forearm bounces, hehe
Well done, and congrats. Candle>Fast Hand Stab was set by Yoda in the Endless Combo waaaaay back. No idea if I'd done it earlier or not. Glad you like the Tap Tornado LH, and that it foxed people.

And good luck with your Biggest Kendama competition.
:'(
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

jakub.zahumensky

Quote from: The Void on 15 June, 2017, 14:59:54
And good luck with your Biggest Kendama competition.
:'(

Thanks Void :) Why the sad face?

ANYWHOOOO, European Cup level 1 video is pubic! LEVEL 2 tomorrow!

The Void

Marcel does a Reverse 2-Swirl Aeroplane in the video. I suppose that means either is acceptable?
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

jakub.zahumensky

Quote from: The Void on 16 June, 2017, 10:45:15
Marcel does a Reverse 2-Swirl Aeroplane in the video. I suppose that means either is acceptable?

Yes, he does. And you suppose correctly. In his original video file, he said double, nothing about direction. I think he always goes reverse for some reason.

jakub.zahumensky

LEVEL 2

and

LEVEL 3

Full tricklist now also on kendama-open.eu

The Void

Tagging some Poles from the member map. Hey guys, you know EKO's in Poland again this year?
@Yoda @Gaxda @Smok @awit @Kapi @mimlemium @blady

Kapi

Yes, but the price is too much. How come it is in Poland anyway?

jakub.zahumensky

Quote from: Kapi on 20 June, 2017, 15:48:31
Yes, but the price is too much. How come it is in Poland anyway?

Because we have decided to make it as a part of the EJC (ejc2017.org) again this year. For next year, *SPOILER ALERT* Barcelona seems to be getting momentum as a viable option. Will that be any cheaper? ;)

shalafi

Quote from: jakub.zahumensky on 20 June, 2017, 16:05:40Barcelona seems to be getting momentum as a viable option. Will that be any cheaper? ;)
LOL I hope that's a rethoric question... BCN is a beautiful city, but freaking expensive.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

jakub.zahumensky

Quote from: shalafi on 20 June, 2017, 20:05:13
LOL I hope that's a rethoric question... BCN is a beautiful city, but freaking expensive.

I was trying to make a point. Seems all we are hearing from Polish players is that it's expensive to go to the EKO this year. The thing is, this is the cheapest possibility for them to go to the EKO. Ever.

shalafi

Quote from: jakub.zahumensky on 20 June, 2017, 20:24:38
Quote from: shalafi on 20 June, 2017, 20:05:13

I was trying to make a point. Seems all we are hearing from Polish players is that it's expensive to go to the EKO this year. The thing is, this is the cheapest possibility for them to go to the EKO. Ever.
I agree that it can't be much cheaper than that.

For a second I thought you were serious ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

jakub.zahumensky

Quote from: shalafi on 20 June, 2017, 20:53:33
For a second I thought you were serious ;-)

I wasn't neither serious nor joking. It was a legitimate question for @Kapi and other Polish players.

Also, when I say Barcelona, I don't necessarily mean Las Ramblas, por supuesto ;) I am thinking more about a facility in reasonable vicinity where we could have the camp and then make a day trip to Barcelona, for example. And have the event somewhere on the edge of the city.

jakub.zahumensky

European Cup Level 4, Ladies and Gentlemen ;)

jakub.zahumensky