News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

SamB Mini Edit - 9 Quick Tricks

Started by SamB, 07 May, 2013, 16:04:35

Previous topic - Next topic

SamB

I made a mini edit while the weather was nice.

All the tricks are more or less my "Best Trick" tricks. I've had them in my head for a while, so I thought I'd film them so I can move on to even trickier things.[nb]Credit has to go to Kendamatty for the Furiken UFO idea, GBH for the crazy swirl (which is his propeller gone wrong) and to the Shonan Kendama Team for the stab combo style and probably to BKA, this forum and the kendama books and app (I'm losing track of where the ideas come from now)![/nb]
There is a tricklist in the video description in case you want to know what I'm calling them.

Enjoy!
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

The Void

Ooh, nice Sam! I really like the UFO one, and the first one, and... and.. and... :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Yoda

KENDAMA.COM.PL- POLISH KENDAMA COMMUNITY

shalafi

I thought lighthouse clap was sick... then I saw the lunar clap and my jaw dropped.

Great tricks man!
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

SamB

Thanks a lot! After the UFO I did a little celebration dance when I turned the camera off, should've kept it rolling really (pro tip: always leave the camera rolling).
As for the claps I failed to land any at the BKO but Matt had some bigger combos with claps involved. I've also managed clap around the world and 3-clap hanging spike. Clap bird and clap stilts are on my to do list.
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

donald grant

Nice one, Sam.  The UFO was sweet (even if we didn't get to see the victory dance afterwards... :) )

BrandonYoder

these are pretty impressive sam!
nice job!!!

i actually did that "ring lighthouse" thing the other day and wondered if anyone else had done it.
never seen it on film before now. Ill probably post your video up on the blog at some point tonight.