News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

New arrivals thread (pics) - what did you just get?

Started by The Void, 31 January, 2014, 14:28:35

Previous topic - Next topic

KenSan

3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

PikWik

Yancy Customs - Custom Red Pill

Yancy Customs - Custom Blue Pill

HansNickmans

Got this Play Hardwood K for Christmas. My go-to kendama for the moment:

Kendama Belgium!

HansNickmans

Late new arrival. Got this back from Taiwan. Rosefinch Sifang kendama. The paint is amazing in real life.

For those of you interested in wood, I took some samples of European species wood to a local guy we knew had a collection. He arranged for a colleague of his to give me some samples back. This is a piece of Calocedrus formosana or Taiwan incense cedar. Probably driftwood since they try to work with it more than having to cut down trees. Heavier than water and with a strong camphor smell.

I would love to see a kendama made from this type of wood.
Kendama Belgium!

KenSan

PikWik

GiGi vs Blue Ozora

Yancy Customs - Custom Ozora - Brilliant Sapphire

Buddy w/ Walnut HG

Yancy Customs - Maple w/ Purple Heart Stripe

Yancy Customs - Ash w/ Coco Bolo Stripe

The Void

Spotted this on a shelf. Picked it up in Japan in September. Sunrise Titan tama. Limited production run. Wondering what to do with it.
http://twitter.com/TheVoidTLMB/status/687677240964984832
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

So, to connect to my previous tweet, time to do some weighing and matching with these kens I just got through from kendama.cz . (I liked Mirek's turning video so much, I wanted to support him, and these Trojka b-kens were so cheap, it was impossible not to!) Thanks very much, @Mirek , and keep doing what you do! (No "3" sticker because they are b-grades?)
[Log in to see the attached image]
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Mirek

Quote from: The Void on 21 January, 2016, 11:53:58
So, to connect to my previous tweet, time to do some weighing and matching with these kens I just got through from kendama.cz . (I liked Mirek's turning video so much, I wanted to support him, and these Trojka b-kens were so cheap, it was impossible not to!) Thanks very much, @Mirek , and keep doing what you do! (No "3" sticker because they are b-grades?)
[Log in to see the attached image]

Big thanks for the support. You are right there no 3 sticker on the ken because it's B. These kens are leftovers from Trojka oak kendamas (http://kendama.cz/kendama-shop/trojka-oak-kendama-rh/).

PikWik

Grapevine HomeGrown - Purple Drank Tama w/ Champion Select string

Yancy Customs - Modular Series - Clockwork

there are 4 different types of wood working together with the modular series.
each one is lunar balanced and, honestly, the best weighted kendama ive ever seen.
as in, ive Never had a kendama this perfectly weighted. hands down, my favorite kendama at the moment.
this game is all about balance and this kendama is just that, BALANCED, from head to toe!

KenSan

@PikWik Sorely tempted by your lunar balanced maple Ken only. Very reasonable even with shipping. But as I mentioned in another thread "the wife"  ::)

Heero

Got a bobber a month ago. This thing slays! Now I'm waiting on a mape x cherry from GT.  ;D

KenSan

Premium gold ozora! Gotta love an ozora or seven ;D