News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Suggestions for dark brown ken, 82g rubber paint beech tama

Started by Deehellseven, 27 December, 2016, 01:26:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Deehellseven

I'm new to the Kendama and my first one's a Sweets Marble. The tama was a little too heavy for my liking (89g) so I got a rubber painted tama from Kendama Blessings. It has a beautiful bright blue and yellow color and am thinking of getting a ken in a darker shade of brown to match it. I'm eyeing the Krom Rubberwood Walnut series but are there any other suggestions for a ken along those colors? The tama is about 82g.

I tried it on my Sweets ken and didn't really like it. My Sweets ken weighs only 75g and feels too light so I don't think I want another F3 stained ken. The Sweets ken felt natural with the original marble tama even though it's weight is more than 10g apart. Why is that?

I realised the heavier tama makes nicer clack sounds. But the light feels easier to handle for me because I often end up slapping myself with the tama and it hurts lol

What about Krom's ash ken or Roots walnut ken?

The Void

I've found walnuts aren't especially heavy. You could always stain a lighter coloured ken dark, if it's the right weight.
Welcome to the forum, by the way.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!