News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimensions

Anybody had a go yet?
Have a look at [user]sonicpears[/user]' attempt but combine it with the trick above
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

Dimensions

Seriously - no one[nb]sorry for my impatience, I just find this trick incredibly easy[/nb]

The Void

Sadly, it seems like not that many people are interested in playing just for the fun of it. There are a lot of video comps around at the moment, all competing for people's time and attention.

I thought about offering a prize to a random one of the players each 25 tricks, to encourage participation. But then I thought that if people don't want to play for the fun of joining in the community once in a while, then I can't be bothered to try to bribe them into playing.

Bah, humbug, sulk.  :(
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Dimensions

The Void

I don't think that's the problem. I just think no-one's trying. (Apart from Sonic! :-) )
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

emagdnim

I gave Sara grip slip grip special > swirl areoplane a couple of try's.
Can't seem to land it. Grip slip is a real hard trick to land and landing the swirl after is hard.
Will continu to try tho.

Good luck everyone. Please let someone (or me) land  it fast.

mreasyguy

I've also tried but god, swirls are the bane of me. Half is fine, anything more my eyes get lost haha!

Dimensions

[user]mreasyguy[/user][nb]and anybody else who has troubles with full swirls[/nb]
Start off, like a half swirl (try and be as centrerd as possible), give it a firmer push (during the half section put your arm behind your back[nb]its how I learned it[/nb] keep your eye on the tama - dont move your finger up and down, keep it as still as possible.
Catch the ball, unwrap then a simple areoplane!

I hope this helps
Good luck
Rob

P.S - you dont have to catch the tama in sara grip slip grip special, you can place it, if you want

The Void

[user]emagdnim[/user], you don't have to land the first trick. Just place it in position and start from there.

Kendama+cliniK

Seems to be a tough one, those swirls. Hmm. I can't re-enter yet but I'm still givin' them a try.
Kendama+cliniK

emagdnim

Quote from: The Void on 24 October, 2013, 18:16:58
[user]emagdnim[/user], you don't have to land the first trick. Just place it in position and start from there.

Really??, aint that cheating?

IF eveybody agrees that you may just place it in position i will give it another go.

The Void

It's not cheating, that's always been the rule. From the first post in the thread:
Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10the next combo always need to start with the 2nd(last) trick in the previous combo. (So if the second trick was a bird you can place the tama in bird position if you want)

Guidelines (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- You can start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position, you don't have to do the previous move. (But you can if you want to.)
So yeah, go for it!

Sonicpearse

I haven't given up yet! Blooming swirl is making me dizzy... Hope I can get there first - the race is on...
Sonicpearse

Sonicpearse

Well, I've just done, what I think is a double half swirl... Don't think it counts though... Will keep at it - why is it soo hard??!
Sonicpearse