News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

br4d24

Damn dunno if i can pull this new transition off all that well with where my skill is at, thats a pretty advanced trick!

Just learnt aeroplane to lunar and lighthouse to lunar but adding that extra flip in there will be a huge challenge i gotta overcome!

mreasyguy

well i didn't know if i had to straight lighthouse or still do the fast hand so i went with the fast hand.

I dont like the use of thumbs on lunars so the end is just to show no thumbs  ;D

SeanW

I <3 sweets kendamas.

br4d24

THAT SO SOOO QUICK DAMN!

Whats the next trick im stoked!

mreasyguy

Thanks guys, It was actually part of a combo I have been working on myself so I kinda knew I had it in me.

Hrmmmm next trick...

I think lunar>one turn airplane catch.

will make for more variations after it then I feel.

br4d24

So like, summersault spike? or lunar to an actual 1turn aeroplane, with the swing and stuff?

mreasyguy

Yeah, lunar flip spike, I didn't know how to really word it. I thought if i wrote lunar flip spike it might get muddled up a bit.

So basically a 1 turn lunar but spike it rather than catching lunar again.

br4d24

I think it would be called lunar summersault spike. Void or BKA where are yah on this one?

SeanW

I <3 sweets kendamas.

br4d24

So close to getting it today! Over and over i came so close!

Atleast i got my lunars and aeroplane to lunars down to about 5/10 :P

BKA

Well done Adam.

"... to Spike" would suggest that you end up holding the ken, which is not the case here, so...

#15 Lunar > Somersault to Aeroplane

(Use the formula: Manoeuvre - Ending trick, so in this case Somersault is the Manoeuvre, and Aeroplane is the Ending trick/catch. You could argue for "Lunar > 1-Turn Aeroplane" as Adam originally said, which sounded fine to us, but it seemed to confuse some people, so... Yeah. If you're ever in doubt about describing a trick to someone, always consider "If I told them only the name of the trick and nothing else, would they do exactly the trick I meant?". )

"> Somersault to In" would work too. But I think everyone understands that, so off you go!

shalafi

suddenly this topic is getting steam again... Woot!
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

SamB

Did it a bit quick so went out of frame a little. I also did a pull up lunar to start

If that is ok, the next trick is double jumping stick
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

rawr

Is this what you were hoping for with number 16?

If yes, then I would like 17 to do a stilts to trade spike. Please correct me if that doesn't make sense or isn't doable...

SamB

[user]rawr[/user] Looks good to me (if mine was OK?)!  "Stilts to trade spike" is two tricks really but just "stilts" would be fine. Like just pop it out to stilts no flipping or anything?
This combo has momentum now!
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...