News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

European Kendama Community

Started by Kendama Europe, 27 November, 2014, 17:42:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Kendama Europe

Hey Guys, a new Kendama Community has been founded today!
It's mostly the same like the facebook Kendama Community, but it is more concentrated on the european Continent.
This is the place to share the latest photos and edits, discuss tips and tricks or create meetups in towns and cities all over Europe. You have an upcoming competition or town battle?
- Create your own Event directly in the groupe page and let us all know about it! 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/718141641632846/
Kendama production and shop since 2008 at
https://www.kendama.de/en

Kendama - easy to learn, hard to master

BKA

Quote from: Kendama Europe on 27 November, 2014, 17:42:08
Hey Guys, a new Kendama Community has been founded today!
You appear to be all posting in English. In which case...
QuoteThis is the place to share the latest photos
You can do that here.
Quoteand edits,
You can do that here.
Quotediscuss tips and tricks
You can do that here.
Quoteor create meetups in towns and cities all over Europe.
You can do that here.
QuoteYou have an upcoming competition or town battle?
- Create your own Event directly in the groupe page and let us all know about it!
You can do that here.
This forum is also fully and easily searchable, split into clear categories, open and welcome to all, has a member map, has a 3-year history, is accessible via mobile, has feeds and notifications, holds competitions, and ... etc etc.

All the best.

Kendama Europe

I know, this forum is pretty awesome and you can do a lot of stuff here. Also no facebook groupe will ever be an replacement for it, that's for sure.
But it's still a new facebook groupe concentrated on european Kendama stuff. I had the feeling that many people where looking for something like this already for quite a while. If you will join us and take part in this new community, you are really welcome!
Kendama production and shop since 2008 at
https://www.kendama.de/en

Kendama - easy to learn, hard to master

shalafi

IMHO Facebook is better for a news feed, and it is a website you probably visit already several times a day.

OTOH the forum is better for storing information in an organized manner, such help for tricks etc. All that things tend to get completely lost on the facebook stream, same goes for collaboration videos an other similar projects. They get lost very quickly among the facebook stream and are terrible to navigate over the comments.

I think they are complementary. Yes, there is some overlap, but not much I'd say.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

LarsVegas

I like facebook for staying in touch with friends, getting informed about events, sharing pics, posting quick status messages, all that chit-chat.
But the forum is a well organised, structured, etc. place for all things Kendama. Discussions are much deeper, more detailed and the threads are more stringent. Facebook is much too chaotic. And apart from that, the signal-noise-ratio in the forum is much much higher.
Each site has its purpose.
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion