News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Outlink, 2014

Started by BKA, 26 January, 2014, 16:23:15

Previous topic - Next topic

talincrow

See attachment for picture of kendama used.

BKA

[user]talincrow[/user]: Right, now this is going to seem harsh, but we're going to have to ask you to re-shoot. It's not that we don't believe you, but watching the video back frame by frame, there's not a single frame where we can see any part of the string at all. Given that this is a video contest, it's only fair to the other contestants to ask that we can fully see the trick being done in the video.
Sorry.  :-\

talincrow

Fair enough. It is a contest afterall haha. I'll make sure you can see the string this time.

theobau

Quote from: BKA on 04 March, 2014, 16:44:40
there's not a single frame where we can see any part of the string at all.

;-)

BKA

Bizarrely, [user]theobau[/user] seems to have got a better resolution than we could. (Maybe the highest res hadn't encoded when we watched it). Okay, the evidence says you're good, [user]talincrow[/user]! Stand at ease.

talincrow

Awesome! Thanks @theobau !!! I filmed it again before I saw the updates on my entry haha. Glad to be moving on to the next round!

BKA

Quote from: BKA on 04 March, 2014, 22:58:10(Maybe the highest res hadn't encoded when we watched it).
Ah, yes, the string's quite visible in the 480p version, but only 360p was available to us at the time. Lesson learned - wait for highest res if in doubt!

mreasyguy

I'm already doubtng the verticality after editing it, if so count this as a placeholder  ;) at least it's in the light I suppose haha!

Outlink #3 - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

BKA

Hmmm... This calls for multiple replays...

Well, it was launched vertically, and it didn't tilt too far off, so... Accepted.

primechicken

heres my entry for #3:

The Void

All ship-shape. Accepted!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

kendamatty

My Third trick in the competition, another lunchtime special!  In a couple of weeks I'll be in Barcelona so will have a more exotic location for the filming!

BKA Outlink - Trick 3 - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

BKA

Hep to the ready housequake!

(That means "accepted".)

BKA

That's everyone through to round 4!

kendamatty
primechicken
mreasyguy
talincrow
condama
Sonicpearse
Dimensions
HansNickmans
theobau
s070s
LarsVegas
MisterJumpshoe
shalafi
Kev
mrjuggles

Stay tuned....

BKA

Here we go, number 4:

More on C-whip: http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,784.0.html

As always, please make sure the trick is fully clearly visible. e.g. No white strings in front of white t-shirts, please. And no dipping below/above the frame. Daylight is your friend. Thanks.