News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Outlink, 2014

Started by BKA, 26 January, 2014, 16:23:15

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Quote from: talincrow on 25 April, 2014, 01:59:56
Also I have never seen that Bucket in the Well trick. Super cool Void!
Thanks, Talin. That's one of my originals. So, you haven't seen http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1171.0.html then? (Plug, plug, plug... ;) )
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

kendamatty

Hey Void!

I was struggling for ages to do this one, blunt spikes do not allow much free spinning.

Wish me luck ;)  it certainly was fun either way!

BKA Outlink - trick 19 - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

BKA

Hmmmmm.... damn, seems we've boxed ourselves into a corner. Watching yours, the thought "that wasn't dipped to knee height, as specified" popped up. But then re-watching Dimension's 2nd vid, neither did he (although he did crouch lower than you).

However, since we have already accepted Dimension's vid, we can't now go back and reject it.

So therefore, we have to accept yours too.  :-\

[user]theobau[/user], you'll have to crouch as low as Rob, or lower your hands as low as Matt, to be accepted.

theobau

Alright :-)

theobau

BKA

Accepted!

Next one tomorrow at 14:00GMT, and the deadline will be Sunday 18:00 GMT.

BKA

For number 20, the rules change slightly.

The next trick will be a longish sequence. If you complete it, great. But if you don't complete it, you may still be in the competition. Film your attempt(s), and upload your best attempt as Private (JTV) or Unlisted (Youtube), and PM us the link (&PIN for JTV).
(You may submit one attempt, and then later submit a better attempt, if you like.)

Do not post the link in the thread, and do not post anything about how well you did. (You will be disqualified if you do this.)

When the deadline expires, BKA will reveal the best attempt from each remaining player. The player who gets furthest through the sequence with no mistakes will be the winner (2nd furthest: second place). Unless more than one player completes the entire sequence, and then Outlink will continue.

theobau

nice twist !!

Copenhagen Sakura Festival is in this weekend too - hope I'll have enough time for this!

shalafi

I like it! Will it be the endless combo?? Nah, that has been done already, Around Turnbridge wells? Too classic...

These 3 remaining guys are monsters :)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

BKA

Quote from: BKA on 25 April, 2014, 17:38:42For number 20, the rules change slightly.

The next trick will be a longish sequence. If you complete it, great. But if you don't complete it, you may still be in the competition. Film your attempt(s), and upload your best attempt as Private (JTV) or Unlisted (Youtube), and PM us the link (&PIN for JTV).
(You may submit one attempt, and then later submit a better attempt, if you like.)

Do not post the link in the thread, and do not post anything about how well you did. (You will be disqualified if you do this.)

When the deadline expires, BKA will reveal the best attempt from each remaining player. The player who gets furthest through the sequence with no mistakes will be the winner (2nd furthest: second place). Unless more than one player completes the entire sequence, and then Outlink will continue.
A rather fiendish number 20.
BKA Outlink 2014 Trick #20 - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

Aeroplane
> Lever Cradle
> Straight Arm Half-Centrifuge & Reverse
> Straight Arm Half-Centrifuge & Reverse, smoothly into 1-footed Pirouette
> Grip change to Sara grip & swing to Big Cup
> 6 Moshi kame
> [Robin Gunney's kendama + ball sequence]

Deadline: April 27th, 18:00GMT
Keyword: Power!

(Showing the Lever Cradle in close-up to the camera is not required.)

No grip changes or string adjustments are allowed (except where they are obviously part of the sequence).
Smoothness of movement may be taken into consideration as a deciding factor (especially in the "extra ball" sequence).

theobau

Quote from: BKA on 25 April, 2014, 16:42:34
Next one tomorrow at 14:00GMT, and the deadline will be Sunday 18:00 GMT.

Quote from: BKA on 26 April, 2014, 14:58:54
Deadline: April 26th, 18:00GMT

I really hope you mean April 27th ..........

The Void

Oops, yes, April 27th, Sunday.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

BKA

Submission(s) received from all 3 players.
~30 minutes left before we reveal who did what.

Kev

Very excited to see this - *slow drumroll begins*  :)

BKA

Here are what we have judged to be the best attempt from each of the players remaining. Judgement will follow soon...

Dimensions:

kendamatty:
BKA Outlink - trick 20 attempt 2 - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

theobau: