News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

the milky oolong

Incredible, David!

I uploaded this to KendamaEurope's Facebook page; at the same time Marc W. did the same, giving two equally astounded entries. BAM!
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

shalafi

I just give a go to Around the Prefecture and I hit it 10 times in a row.

Also, inspired by SamB Valley the world, I  tried Big Cup > Bird > Spike > Small Cup > Small bird, but I failed miserably at the last step
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

It turns out that taking 3 weeks off from your Dan practice doesn't magically improve your skills.
Who knew?
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

br4d24

Got my first Keyaki dama today, a blue keyaki shin fuji! Its super slick but it just makes playing it way more rewarding! Lunar flips on a brand new fuji = good feels :D same with stilts!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152011196325986&l=7627080671142157021

AptDweller

I just did 10 Earth Turns in a row!! YES! Never thought I could do it.  Life is good.  Kendama is just like golf, make a few good shots and you keep going.
I have always maintained that the one important phenomenon presented by modern society - the enormous prosperity of Fools.

Wilkie Collins

BKA

shalafi

Today I did 17 pull up whirlwind to big cup in a row, hopefully a new BKA record. http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,209.msg13635.html#msg13635

The Void

The other day I finally got around to gluing the tip of my Earth Blue Musou.
Today I finally played it. Not for a competition, or a video. Just for fun.
Got my 2nd ever Stiltwalk in about 3 minutes of trying. #bigger
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

I tried around the USA, which I have never tried in years and I hit it surprisingly early, about 1 in 10 attempts.

Then I decided to try what I call "Around the European Gunslinger" which is like Around the USA, but with gunslingers instead of earth turns. I may save it for some edit, maybe the forum one if I manage to get out and film in a nice landscape.

The Void

In between sorting out a bunch of BKO stuff today, I popped into the garden for 20 minutes play. Inspired by Sakamoto-san, I got String-Pull The World.

DamaLife24

Got my membership card and landed this awesome trick!

Bryan Burnett

The Void

shalafi

I just landed a 1-turn stilts (while practising 1-turn aeroplane)

DamaLife24

Isn't that an awesome unexpected surprise shalafi! I love when things like that happen.
Bryan Burnett

emagdnim

turned two friends to the dama side of life :) Two new damaheads ;)