News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

the milky oolong

Ok, managed to get a video down of my proposed Half-Swirl Aero, is this right?

Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

BKA

There's no Half about that. That's a Swirl. But the ken seems to exit in front of your hand, not between your arms, so it's an Outside Swirl Aeroplane.

the milky oolong

Erm, ok! Thanks for the clear-up, I can't seem to land the trick any other way than that, watched all the tutorials, just seems to come out that way. Still, neat little trick.
Kendama Berlin

DamaLife24

Won my first ever prize on a BKA prize draw! =] super excited thank you void for puting together and hosting the awesome collaboration video! 
Bryan Burnett

shalafi

I managed to do Backhand slip-on-stick. Once I landed it twice, it clicked,  and suddenly I'm consistent with the trick :)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

M.Wang

Today I landed a jumping stick! I've been working on it a while and I landed it today!
-M.Wang

Simplicity! CLICKON!
KENDAMA.

shalafi

Today I read the tricks for the Gloken cup, realised that i never tried some of them, like big cup->Airplane, Airplane->Base cup->Stab, and I landed them :) I guess I have 5 level 3 tricks now.

I also landed a half-swirl aeroplane for the second time.

shalafi

Quote from: M.Ꮤaทg on 11 June, 2014, 01:35:47
Today I landed a jumping stick! I've been working on it a while and I landed it today!
It is tricky, but in a while you will feel like it is easy :)

BKA

the milky oolong

Quote from: shalafi on 13 June, 2014, 19:31:24

[user]Shalafi[/user], you must have it good! I still dream of the day any JS feels 'easy'. Just got back from the pre-jam for the first German Kendama Championships; we were fluffing the most elementary of tricks all over the place. :)
Kendama Berlin

shalafi

Quote from: the milky oolong on 14 June, 2014, 00:38:38
Quote from: shalafi on 13 June, 2014, 19:31:24

[user]Shalafi[/user], you must have it good! I still dream of the day any JS feels 'easy'. Just got back from the pre-jam for the first German Kendama Championships; we were fluffing the most elementary of tricks all over the place. :)
Well, not THAT nailed down, but I am confident in a 3/10 on it, still, most of the time I just got the right feeling for the trick. It has taken me years thou :)

Today I went to a Japanese Festival on Amstelveen. Lots of nice food and some shows. I did bring my kendamas with me and play around for a while, I got a small crowd of 7-10 year old Japanese kids :)

the milky oolong

Cool, [user]shalafi[/user]!

Today I realized that yesterday I came second in the first German Kendama Open, behind the new Kendama Europe Team player Peter Wimmers, and I won the Speed Trick round! Didn't really sink in until now.
Kendama Berlin

The Void

Quote from: the milky oolong on 15 June, 2014, 12:20:27Today I realized that yesterday I came second in the first German Kendama Open, behind the new Kendama Europe Team player Peter Wimmers, and I won the Speed Trick round! Didn't really sink in until now.
Yeah man, nice work! :D
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Today I had a go at 6th Dan practice - first time in nearly a month! Where does the time go?
Failed Bird & 2-T LH by 1 miss each. Not bad for a rusty old bloke....
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Congrats "rusty old bloke" when I'm older I hope to be half as rusty as you :-)