News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

emagdnim

I have been practising my Lighthouse tricks and i have landed 3 new tricks yesterday.

Build up Lighthouse
1-turn lighthouse to Falling Down 
Reverse Aeroplane to lighthouse to Jumping Stick.

Cliffdama

Did some basic training for about 30mins. Small cup -> big cup -> base cup -> big cup -> small cup -> penguin base cup -> spike. Etc etc etc

Alsmost landed big bird -> penguin base -> small bird . ( bird flies over the penguin nest) :p

Tetsuya Takahashi

I landed Ufo twice ina row plus handlestall. So happy...... T-T

the milky oolong

[user]Cliffdama[/user] Nice stuff man, so much fun getting to grips with Bird variations. Am currently having fun with Swing to Bird > Earthturn Bird > Earthturn to Spike. Was thinking about your thing about the penguin nest, and realised that a penguin nest is, well, a penguin.

[user]Tetsuya Takahashi[/user] Getting consistent with UFO is a real challenge, good work!

Today I was working on consistency with tama tricks, just making ladders of difficulty - Aeroplane, Jumping Stick, UFO, etc, when I realized that in some senses UFO comes too early in the series; changed it to Aeroplane, Jumping Stick, 1-Turn Lighthouse, Lunar, UFO. I find it much easier now with the Sunrise - kind of like the kendama equivalent of one of those telephones with really big buttons for the near-sighted.
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

emagdnim

I landed inward Lunar today.   ;D

Adam K

Missed the last earth turn in around tunbridge wells. The heartbreak was indescribable.

Misterwhang

swing in spike -> x3 earthturn,,,,,, AND I got bird over valley!!!!!

BKA

Quote from: Adam K on 01 June, 2013, 22:41:15
Missed the last earth turn in around tunbridge wells. The heartbreak was indescribable.
Oof! :-(

oliver.r.wagener

Today I landed my first Lunar and Faster Than Gravity! Super Excited! :D
Keep playing and acquire skillz!

Cliffdama

Don't know if it has a name but some sort offinger wind.

Tama grip. Swing the ken forward ,stick your finger out (from holding the tama) let the ken wind around the finger once, and swing it into a lighthouse :D

shalafi

Landed: Lighthouse~Falling Down~Build the Lighthouse~Falling Down for me it is hard to make all the sequence :)
Also landed an UFO, which I believe is the 5th time ever I land that trick.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

emagdnim

Lighthouse to falling Down to Jumping Stick to Build the Lighthouse and end with Falling Down.
Took me an hour, but landed it:)

SamB

... landed hanging 2-turn aeroplane and hanging 2-turn lighthouse (I really like hanging start tricks!) and Speed Trick B in a 5th Dan time:
http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=151.msg8573#new
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

Tetsuya Takahashi

Nice Sam. I landed my first inward lunar, suicide one turn light house, and lunar flip  ;D :D ;D :P

mreasyguy

I've been working on my stilts alot lately, it's been my main goal after getting lunars very consistent.

I just landed my first ever stilts over the valley, and as you can see from my reaction, felt good  ;D