News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Kev

Quote from: The Void on 08 April, 2015, 15:43:17
... today I recorded 32 tricks for the Pro division of this year's EKO. I wonder which 7 will get cut....

Cheers to Kev & Captain Duncan for the ideas fest.

A pleasure and an honour. Really enjoyed it. Until you pointed it out, I didn't know I could be so evil! Very much looking forward to watching the comp. [Insert sinister cackle followed by villainous stroke of white cat for added evil].

LarsVegas

... I landed a bird > earth turn > spike.
I somehow finally found the courage do things like this. Don't know why I didn't feel confident enough before. Maybe I think too much that I have to master the basics before ...
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

kayadama

Been trying pull up kenflip spike all week and got my first one on film today.

https://instagram.com/p/1QSztgRv-S

the milky oolong

...blew into the Big Cup on an Aero, realized the force can get the ken to turn, probably multiple times. Just put your lips together and...

EDIT: Try watching in slo-mo, makes a bit more sense.
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

You know how to whistle, don't you?
Neat trick... Feels like there ought to be a bunch of possibilities therefrom.....
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

I've been practicing a few tricks that I don't remember seeing to anyone else. Not sure if I'll have them for the forum collab, for the Kendama-Ireland one or for my own edit.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

Two practice runs today. Both fails, on different tricks.
Meh, can't win 'em all.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Today I played some kendama in the Japan experience festival in Dublin (just casually, not in a booth or anything).
Later I landed a reverse 1-turn lighthouse to lunar.
I love the inwards 1-turn lighthouse! Really cool trick.

kayadama

Today met up with an old friend who began juggling and mayko. Learnt some trade at the end of this clip. Half spacewalk trade to spike? Really happy to have landed that one, the first one the tama had snapped down really fast to spike and was very shocked it happened lol.

https://instagram.com/p/1a_rENxv11

BKA

Mini-Spacewalk>Handroll>Swing In. Well done.

Kengeaa

Today I was trying to get more consistent whirlwinds and I have now got them down to about one in every five tries but whilst in the constant process of trying them I managed to get a triple Ken flip whirlwind and then got two whirlwinds after that! The kendama gods must have been watching over me

The Void

It's nice when it all falls into place like that. :)
Two near-miss practice runs for me today.

Kengeaa

It's just the best feeling ..!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shalafi

Today I went to Merrion Square and landed 500 moshi-kames and a cool trick which will go for kendama-Ireland edit (and maybe 7toSpike on the BKO)

KenDogma

Today I landed a lighthouse trade spike, and a swing-in bird! Two tricks I've been working on for a while. Now, to get consistent...  :o