News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

Quote from: br4d24 on 18 June, 2013, 06:51:02
Quote from: The Void on 17 June, 2013, 21:50:10
Nice one guys!
Today I landed Rising Aeroplane twice in a row.
is that like a Scoop Spike but in regular tama grip and not underhand?
See #21 of the EKO 2013 Advanced list. http://kendama.co.uk/EKO2013.html

emagdnim

Don't know if it is a trick or not. had a laugh doing it do..

Its a lighthouse somersault but the first lighthouse is landed on two fingers.

so,, pull up Lighthouse on ringfinger and middlefinger (Tamma in thumb and indexfinger) than trow it like a somersault and land it with the Tamma to in.

The Void

Similar to "Duncan's challenge", emagdnim, (search the forum for it), but both easier and harder.
Last night I managed 10/10 Lighthouse Somersaults for the first time ever, and also 4 Moon Circles in a row. Not on camera, though. But that's another one for the "no record set yet in How Many Times...? thread" list.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Dimensions

Today I landed behind the side
But of course you all know that
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

Kev

I just landed my first lunar :)

Ace.

happygoat

Great job, Kev! :-) I know how it feels!!

Kev

Quote from: happygoat on 22 June, 2013, 12:10:12
Great job, Kev! :-) I know how it feels!!

Thanks mate. I was very impressed with your run of lighthouses the other day.

Misterwhang

With a help from a new buddy in Hong Kong I landed my first UFO and learned how to do lunars without the string hook method!!

shalafi

Quote from: Kev on 22 June, 2013, 10:30:55
I just landed my first lunar :)
I still remember my first lunar, something like a year ago. It feels great when you finally land it
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

the milky oolong

... got to grips with Reverse Lighthouse Somersault, came across the idea of doing a Reverse Build the Lighthouse too. Now just to nail that Inside 1-Turn Lighthouse...
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

Waylon

Played kendama for the first time in a while night before last. I've been focused on throwing yoyos due to some upcoming contests. It felt really good. I can't wait to throw myself back in to it in a few weeks. I'm pleased to see everyone continuing to progress here and disprove the idea that kendama isn't "as free form or creative as Yoyo".

The Void

I was just wondering the other day where you'd gone. Welcome back! :)
When I first discovered a whole load of "beyond the basics" tricks in late 2007, I was blown away. Over the next few years, more avenues seemed to open up, and in the last couple of years or so, it's really amazing to see how seemingly more and more possibilities in kendama are explored. Long may it continue!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Waylon

Quote from: The Void on 28 June, 2013, 13:00:28
I was just wondering the other day where you'd gone. Welcome back! :)
When I first discovered a whole load of "beyond the basics" tricks in late 2007, I was blown away. Over the next few years, more avenues seemed to open up, and in the last couple of years or so, it's really amazing to see how seemingly more and more possibilities in kendama are explored. Long may it continue!

Thanks :) I'm certain it will. Trick innovators from other toy disciplines and everyday crossover players who don't know what they're "not" supposed to do will continue the trend.

Misterwhang

Today I placed second at my first kendama event and won this!! Super happy haha!  ;D

The Void

Nice! And well done. Dark wood, or stained?
You're still in Hong Kong, I guess? Care to tell us a little about the event?