News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

New colours: Oozora kendama

Started by BKA, 14 July, 2011, 15:18:55

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexSmith

Alright so I've had this yellow oozora just under a week now, and here's my thoughts so far (perhaps I'll post a full review after I spend a little more time with it).
Paint looks really good. I had a yellow Battle before but the ooz just looks so vibrant and nice.
Paint plays very similar to the old oozora models, but seems to rub off onto the cups a little less, this could just be the short amount of time I've had it though. Quite grippy nonetheless.
The weight is one thing that changed. The balls are heavier, mine is just over 80g (compare to about 65g for the old models). I find this makes the ken seem lighter, which is kind of annoying. Suicide tricks are also a little strange due to the imbalance, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
Overall great quality, I'm sure I don't need to convince anyone here to pick one up. It's an oozo afterall

Thorny

My new Oozora (a yellow one) arrived yesterday and so far, I'm loving it so much.
It reminds me the Pink ball'd Oozora, in regards to the stickiness of the paint straight out the package.

Moonstall/Lighthouse tricks work a treat!
Probably one of my favourite kendamas now!

KendAlex

All the new color oozora kendamas are great.
the thickness of the paint is the same as the older leaf green ones, and the ball is also the dark wood, more dark then the light blue or the pink ones,
the new paint is more sticky then the old paint, i love it. very close to the mugens.
the color yellow and red are the same as the Mugen yellow and red, that is great too.
(maybe there will be a white Oozora too in the future, now the oozora factory makes yellow it is a small step, i can't give up hope on this one, haha)

i have a old leef green one that weight 83 gram, only the light blue and the pink are under the 80 gram, but i love heavy tama's  because you can do better landings on bird tricks and the slip ring special tricks.

I play yellow oozora from now on, it is my favorite.

AlexSmith

A White oozora... Oh I would love that. White and yellow have always kind of been my favourite colors for tamas

Greg the Strangler

I got my blue today: the color is amazing. I wont speak to the paint other than after a half day Ive landed lunar flips with semi-trouble. But the color is the same as a Shelby Cobra, shredder! True navy blue is awesome!
January–Kengarden Beginner Champion
May–Kengarden Intermediate Champion
December–Kengarden Advanced Champion

Thorny

Quotemaybe there will be a white Oozora too in the future, now the oozora factory makes yellow it is a small step, i can't give up hope on this one, haha

When the pink and blue Oozora's ceased production I was talking to Nic Schopfer about what direction they might take now. I suggested perhaps a yellow or white like the mugens, Nic said he didn't think this was likely but here we are with the yellow :P
I hope they make a white too, personally. Although I also think white or yellow tamas will always look better with a blue sticker...

AlexSmith

Quote from: Thorny on 20 August, 2011, 11:19:02
Quotemaybe there will be a white Oozora too in the future, now the oozora factory makes yellow it is a small step, i can't give up hope on this one, haha

I hope they make a white too, personally. Although I also think white or yellow tamas will always look better with a blue sticker...

Hipster  :P

Thorny

Quote from: AlexSmith on 23 August, 2011, 03:09:11
Quote from: Thorny on 20 August, 2011, 11:19:02

Hipster  :P

Pffftt. You wish you was this cool, Alex. :P

I like old vintage 'impossibly-rare' things, I'm sorry! haha