News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

shalafi

I am in favor of letting it as-is, since there are people participating that may not have the skill to perform more complex trick combos (myself included)

That being said, the under the leg gunslinger is harder than it seems.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

Cliffdama

Thats true. And it needs to be fun for everyone. Maybe only tue 10th,20th  step a longer combo. Still working on the concept.

For the gunslinger, i'm practicing it normal befor the under the leg part ^^.

Dimensions

Just to say, I'm not one of the highest skill levels - if I graded myself I would give myself a 3 kyu
But I have done an under the leg gunslinger before so it is possible!!

I am no in favour of doing a 3 trick combo!
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

The Void

I think it's a really good challenge you set, Dimensions. It's a "simple" trick, but with an extra element of complexity that makes it a challenge for players of many levels. I can do it, but it's pretty tricky for me. If it doesn't get done by the end of the weekend, I'll film it. Although I might try and get a few people to join in with this over the BKO weekend.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Cliffdama

The problem is that i can. Land a gunslinger (not consistent) but under the leg is a major fail for me :p. I keep trying it :)

Dimensions

Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

br4d24

Gah someone get that gunslinger down! I wanna take part in this, but that under the leg gunslinger is just silly.

shalafi

I've been trying it, but no luck. It is going to be there for 2 tricks, you know...

BrandonYoder

under the leg gunslinger->throw the ken up and catch stuntplane style(tama does not need to leave the ken so i'm not sure i can call it a stuntplane)

let me know if that needs a picture explanation. lol

EDIT: also, the catch is to be a normal, not under the leg.

BKA

Hooray, someone's done it! Well done Brandon.

So, previously it was said that it was allowed to start the next combo from the finish position of the previous one. In some cases this could be a slightly grey area, so to clarify... you require that people also execute the under the leg gunslinger in the new combo, yes?

And also for clarification, the ken stays "loaded" throughout this move, and the final move is to go into a pen/sara grip catch, right? And can the kendama stay vertical throughout the transfer, or does there need to be some "swoop" in the catch?

Cliffdama

I think this is what he wants .

Gunslinger under the leg.
From under the leg position -> trow al up
Move your hand to normal position
Catch the tama/ball and "swoop" it like you do with a stuntplane catch?

So if it is like this the next step in the combo will stary with stuntplane? :)

BKA

Ah, yes, that makes sense, thanks Cliff!
(Note, BKA-speak: "Scoop Spike/Turnover"-style catch.)

shalafi

Turover or Grip change is how I knew that trick as well. Nice one!

BrandonYoder

Not exactly a scoop maybe, think of it simply as a grip switch.
heres a photo of how i was expecting the catch

BrandonYoder

since this catch isn't necessarily a trick(its more of a hand switch like on the ones where its switching from strong and weak hand before doing the actual trick) should i add a trick or is that too much?
i think it would be cool to go from under the leg to grip switch above the leg(tama grip) summersault/1turn stunt plane if that is what its called.

if it seems like a bit much for one trick thats ok. i feel like its getting a little confusing....just a thought.