News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

UK edit...

Started by Harrydh3, 14 July, 2011, 16:01:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Harrydh3

Just an idea, everyone film 1 trick and send it to -insert person's name here- and -insert person's name here- can slap it together nice and easy; seen as its just putting the pre cut vids into some editing software and putting some names and music in.
I would say i'll happily do it (which i would) but my silly countryside connection wont upload to youtube, jtv or vimeo....

Who's up for it?

Harry.

The Void

I like the idea, but I don't have the time to volunteer to be the editor. I'd definitely contribute if someone steps forward.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Harrydh3

I can do it actually, i'll just upload it at my grans or thorny's or somwhere;
assuming somone better at editing doesn't want to do it.

The Void

Cool. Let's let this tick over for a week or so to see what interest it generates.

Some suggested ideas for the project:
-UK or UK-based players only (If the whole thing goes well, we could consider doing another one, featuring anyone from the forum, worldwide)
-Submit your video in the highest quality possible
-Try to keep it short. Obviously long combos will take up more time, but even 10 30second clips soon adds up.
-Keep your clips hidden from general view: only show them to the editor (use a Private upload on JTV, or yousendit, or something similar), and don't talk about them on the forum! It will all make for a better surprise when the video's finally ready
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

AlexSmith

This is a good idea! Reminds me of the world edit that dutch kendama did.
...I've really been meaning to film some clips for his second world edit. I really should stop being lazy...
Excited to see what you guys come up with

Mark

If i had sony vegas or a  similer program, i would definately say i would do it. But i only use Windows Movie Maker, which can only use wmv and avi video formats. Doesnt do hd formats. :-(
British STC: 2008 - 1st ....  2009 - 2nd ... 2011 - 4th
British Advanced Championship: 2011 - 4th

By markool89 at 2011-08-06

John

I'll happily contribute what will invariably turn out to be the worst trick in the edit (just staking my claim for that title now)... :)

John.

Looby

Finn Darco

Hi all - I would also be keen to contribute, have only made one quick video (June 2010 SunRise Kendama Mini-Edit - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv) and my editing is not up to scratch really (self-taught) and time is always the issue! started working on a bigger scope edit with better tricks, half way through editing and the free software wanted me to pay for it! so not sure when I'll pick that up again...

Will check back to see how things progress

Cheers

Finn Darco
Everything you do is a balloon... (http://eydiab.wordpress.com)

The Void

Quote from: Harrydh3 on 14 July, 2011, 16:10:48
I can do it actually, i'll just upload it at my grans or thorny's or somwhere;
assuming somone better at editing doesn't want to do it.

Well, Harry, assuming you're okay to download the (quite possibly largish) clips that people will send you, then it looks like this is your project now.

If you're up for it, I suggest starting a new thread called something like "UK collaboration video: call for submissions!", with all the info people will need: where to send their clips, what's the time limit, what formats are okay with you, etc. I'll make it sticky if you do.

Cheers!

Toby

Quote from: The Void on 25 July, 2011, 17:56:46
I'll make it sticky if you do.

I know its a potentially exciting project void, but that's a bit much!! sicko
SRC 2011 Moshi Kame Champion