News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

KenSan

Cheers @BKA. Is that scoop spike because I didn't catch the ken on the vertical?
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

BKA

Meh, depends who you ask. It's just jamming, right? Above horizontal is usually cool, or above 45° off-vert for sticklers. In a comp, it may be specified more precisely.

HansNickmans

Did my first inward lunar today. Didn't spike it though..
Kendama Belgium!

Dimensions

Finally managed to get lightning drop swap bird yesterday
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

Kev

the milky oolong

Quote from: HansNickmans on 12 September, 2015, 17:57:02
Did my first inward lunar today. Didn't spike it though..

Landing my first inward Lunar was an absolutely golden moment for me in my kendama development. Who cares if you didn't manage to spike your first one? Pretty sure I didn't manage mine! Keep it up!
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

HansNickmans

Retried it today and got the spike! You're right, it does feel like a golden moment!
Kendama Belgium!

fredCP

While reading your posts, I realized I never tried Inward Lunar before, so I gave it a try this afternoon and passed it twice (only spiked the second one). I'm happy, but my "golden moments" remain my first Bird fly over the Valley, Stilt or Lunar Barrel Roll. It took me months to land this last one, and I still find it so hard  :-[

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

the milky oolong

Quote from: fredCP on 13 September, 2015, 17:16:29
While reading your posts, I realized I never tried Inward Lunar before, so I gave it a try this afternoon and passed it twice (only spiked the second one). I'm happy, but my "golden moments" remain my first Bird fly over the Valley, Stilt or Lunar Barrel Roll. It took me months to land this last one, and I still find it so hard  :-[

Lunar Barrel Roll is a right tricky one. I have to use maximum concentration and 'pop' to get the ken to turn properly, and find myself imagining my hand sort of set on a horizontal rail that allows no forward/backward movement at all. Love it when it lands, though, such a nice feeling! Am working on Inwards right now for a long Rover/Barrel Roll line :)
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

Kev

Today I ... got really into Speed Trick B. I've not really done it before for some reason. It's a great and well thought out challenge as @the milky oolong has pointed out, (and also I need it to hop up to 3rd Dan which is my next grading aim).

I also decided to clean up and develop my kendama skills all round - there are lots of tricks I can kind of do that I've never really finished learning. I got some lovely slow and floaty turntables and became much better with swirl style tricks too.

I also continued work on some new Le Chef custom kendamas which are looking really fantastic.

All in all, a good 'dama day.

The Void

Today I tried a combo I thought up the other day. Didn't get it on film. Will work on it. Now I'm doing this:
https://twitter.com/thevoidtlmb/status/647811627555942402
@cello_91
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

cello_91

The Void

Yesterday Frank Typhoon Tyson died. So today I did this:

Plus, today I got that trick I've been trying for a few days. It's too long for IG, so I'll save it up....

shalafi

I gave a kendama workshop at University College of Dublin. People got interested, and I got asked if I could do another one for the Irish Japan Association ;-)

I swear that I'll grow a Kendama community in this island!
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.