News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesFM

Nice video Brad! When Im feeling on, I will always record my latest tricks. Watching them gives me great motivation... A constant reminder that, "Hey... I can do this!"
Great locations by the way.. the beach is always great and that graffiti wall is pretty dang cool.

I landed a few new tricks recently.

Finally got Bird Over Valley (seriously inconsistent though)

Windmill Swing In (Thanks Void for helping name it)

Around The Triangle (the yoyo style combo). I have been playing around with different variations of this trick. Adding pinwheels before landing on the cups, things like that.

Learned how to do Gunslinger Spike recently.. very fun trick.

I have also been practicing my Lunars and Lighthouse variations a lot. Slowly gaining consistency!

br4d24

Quote from: JamesFM on 29 March, 2013, 02:30:47
Nice video Brad! When Im feeling on, I will always record my latest tricks. Watching them gives me great motivation... A constant reminder that, "Hey... I can do this!"
Great locations by the way.. the beach is always great and that graffiti wall is pretty dang cool.

I landed a few new tricks recently.

Finally got Bird Over Valley (seriously inconsistent though)

Windmill Swing In (Thanks Void for helping name it)

Around The Triangle (the yoyo style combo). I have been playing around with different variations of this trick. Adding pinwheels before landing on the cups, things like that.

Learned how to do Gunslinger Spike recently.. very fun trick.

I have also been practicing my Lunars and Lighthouse variations a lot. Slowly gaining consistency!

Nice! The first bird over the valley is always a great accomplishment! Ive only landed one so far and never have again (was a month ago)

Heres what I got on footage yesterday and today. Some shots ontop of a mountain! God I love living where i do :)

Got my first tradespike on film. And a nice, very horizontal stuntplane to ufo :)

Waylon

Last night I finally landed a solid lighthouse. Not the chasing it around the living room variety, but the solid looks like I know what I'm doing kind. I did a little happy dance then proceeded to not repeating the feat for the rest of the night.

Kev

Hey nice work Waylon - that new trick feeling = top buzz :)

Kev

P.S. I'm in the same boat myself - just started to land the lighthouse (very occasionally!)

JamesFM

@ Brad: Sick video as always.
@ Waylon & Kev: Landing a solid lighthouse is a big milestone. Nicely done guys. Give it a few days and you will nail them without even thinking about it.

br4d24

Great work on landing the lighthouses guys! They are great fun once you get proficient at them, one turns are very rewarding :)

I dont have a video today because we were slacklining & damaing in the park with some tunes on so i couldnt shoot at the same time :/

But I cant wait to film more, i landed some nice moves the last two days!

One turn lighthouse - tradespike - build the lighthouse - in
spacewalk - ufo - build the lighthouse - in

lots of other fun stuff but those were my favorite combos i would say

I really wanna learn some handrolls and get good at doing spacewalk combos. They look really impressive but i cant seem to get the hang of it... the part where you need to let go of the ken and reposition your hand always messes me up.

happygoat

This evening I landed my first lunar!! Actually I landed it five times in a 2 hour practise session completely missing the Champions League games! :-)

Feels so nice to land a trick for the first time and get the feeling that it is indeed possible!!

br4d24

Congrats man! I wish i could get some decent consistency right off the bat! Ive only landed a handful of lunars, they arent getting any easier so far. Gotta practice them more i guess.

I have been doing some variations with the string style tricks, pretty happy with the ones ive landed! I got a nice looking area now that i might start to do tutorials in.

HansNickmans

Had a short lunch break dama session and managed to get a lunar to in again after quite some time. I landed it a couple of times but never got it consistent. It felt great to get it again after this long while..
Kendama Belgium!

shalafi

After a while without playing kendama I took it again and noticed that 1-turn lighthouses are a lot easier than they used to be.

Sometimes letting your body rest and assimilate the movements is the trick :)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

It occurred to me yesterday that I don't think I've done a Whirlwind Swing In before.
...well, I have now. I had a little session in the park this afternoon, got that one, and Nunchucku Aeroplane plus a few curious glances from the skaters nearby.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

br4d24

Thats awesome! I always thought the whilwind swing in was such a stylish trick, have yet to land one myself though.

On the other hand i have mastered the double whirlwind and have started landing reverse kenflips (proper terminology?)

BKA

Quote from: br4d24 on 07 April, 2013, 00:37:17i have mastered the double whirlwind
...to Big Cup? ...to Spike? ...to/from somewhere else?
Quoteand have started landing reverse kenflips (proper terminology?)
...and that's why we don't use "kenflip", because it's so vague. You could mean many things, so we don't know.

br4d24

Just double whilwind to big cup for now. Working on spiking it.

Heres some new tricks ive got down recently:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hWRpkAdjd4s

Swing - reverse kenflip/reg kenflip - big cup
Gunslinger spike
Spacewalk - one turn aeroplane