News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Balance Kendama!

Started by Adam Wells, 30 March, 2014, 16:16:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam Wells

Hey everyone I have started my own kendama company! If you would like to check it out the website is www.balancekendama.bigcartel.com We are a company out of Utah and look forward to being part of the kendama community.  ;D

PikWik

awesome!

i really appreciate the fact youre making tamas available for sale, by themselves. i wish more companies did this. if these could all be individually weighed and if other companies would do the same for the kens (sold by themselves and weighed) we would have a proper launching point to see what combinations we prefer. instead of playing a game of chance and hoping you get a balanced kendama; be it on the light side (130g) to the heavier side (165g). some folks like the tama to be a few grams heavier than the ken, and others like a 'dead on' perfect balance between the both. i dont care if you order 20 or 500 from the distributor. weigh them out

thats how i would do kendama sales. let the customer know exactly what theyre buying and what to expect. no snake oil. just the facts about the kendama. then, let the customer make up their minds about what they want.

im guessing the main reason this isnt common practice for retailers is the fact that so many are ordered at once and the task of going thru all of them seems daunting and ultimately "too much trouble for a $20 toy". and while im guessing the employees get the privilege of going thru and finding a perfectly balanced kendama, the average buyer is left in the dark

Adam Wells

Thank you PikWik we appreciate the support and feedback. We will take your advice and weigh our tamas and post the weights on our website as well.  :D