News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

HansNickmans

Yesterday I had a short session and got:
- 2-turn airplane
- 1-turn reverse airplane
Really satisfying tricks when they click into place :-)
Kendama Belgium!

Cliffdama

Swing in -> lighthouse -> 1turn lighthouse -> 1,5 flip to spike ! And than he dropped :(

br4d24

Lighthouse to lighthouse is what im assuming you did? Good job! Havent been able to do that one for a while!

EDIT: You inspired me to try it! Im happy to say after numerous failed attempts, i have managed to land two (one was spiked, the other only held for >3 sec then failed spike).

Thanks for the indirect motivation!

LarsVegas

... replaced my medium blue Ozora by a new blue Ozora. It's a little bit too dark to my liking, but the old one was just to beaten for the EKO13. I think I start practicing with a new one not too late. Otherwise it won't work properly ...

Of course, the old one remains respected and cherished - too many fond memories are attached to it
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

HansNickmans

Last week I brought an old kendama to work. I was planning on trying my lunars during break time. But a co-worker found it and started to play around with it.

Today, I have three kens at work and the kendama-moments seem to grow every day. Yesterday it was one co-worker trying it, and some others joined in. Today, everybody stopped working and watched while they took it in turns trying to spike it.

My boss decided to make it a contest: the person who can spike it ten times in a row on friday, gets a free lunch. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to compete :-)
Kendama Belgium!

Cliffdama

Quote from: br4d24 on 08 April, 2013, 19:47:47
Lighthouse to lighthouse is what im assuming you did? Good job! Havent been able to do that one for a while!

EDIT: You inspired me to try it! Im happy to say after numerous failed attempts, i have managed to land two (one was spiked, the other only held for >3 sec then failed spike).

Thanks for the indirect motivation!

Yeah Lh to LH . And no problem for the motivation haha. The one thing i can't seem to find out is how to double flip. 1flip i can see, 2flips are going to fast to catch. So need to find out where the catch point is :)

br4d24

yeah i know what yah mean. I have a feeling for most double tricks its all in the knees and finding ways to allow the most time to do the trick vertically - if that makes sense. By doing that you get more time to do the trick slightly slower... might have more force from gravity when the ken lands on the tama though :?

Got this today! Gonna be part of my first actual edit which i have started working on :) Is this a double kenflip or 1.5? Im not sure, all i know is it had to go a lot faster to land it

Waylon

I love the slow motion victory rattle :)

br4d24

haha i was so stoked to finally land it on film at a good location :P

probably was trying it for a good 10min

Waylon

Quote from: br4d24 on 11 April, 2013, 06:02:48
haha i was so stoked to finally land it on film at a good location :P

probably was trying it for a good 10min

You consistently get good locations. You must live in a beautiful part if the world.

HansNickmans

Today I self-certified myself as 2th dan, moshikames and all...
I'm hoping to get it for real in Toulouse..
Gotta keep practising...
Kendama Belgium!

LarsVegas

... stopped the time for the "Intermediate Speed Ladder" for the first time. A whooping 05:04 minutes :(
I spent soo much time with Earth turn and Jumping stick. But I still have some time to practices

Knees and perseverance! And of course more knees!
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

br4d24

Painted my tribute and now it looks and plays like a new '13 model! Got some nice tricks on it yesterday in the car park.

the milky oolong

...managed Swing to Bird three times in a session. Nothing on Brad's stuff at the moment, though!
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

br4d24

Haha birds are my huge weak spot. Really need to work on them more!