News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

br4d24

Cliffdama

Wow always like your progres videos, i think i should also do that more often. And nice trick!

Tetsuya Takahashi

Sorry about the late reply BKA,

Mars is what metropolis comix calls a sideways earth turn and Venus is the same except the tama is facing the right instead of the left.

BKA

Ha, okay, cool.... So, well done then! :-)

br4d24

Someone needs to make a trick bible with all of the trick names and descriptions so all this silly trick translation can get easier :P Congrats on the new trick BTW!

Heres another vid of some more progress :) the handroll on that first trick is a little sketchy but i couldnt land it again before i left. Thanks for showing me mooncircles Rod!

Waylon

I mostly focus on grading tricks and basics (swing in is still difficult for me - tips are welcome) but today I was outside in my bare feet in the sun and decided to let go of the ken for the first time. It was only half a flip to the base cup, but that moment was a real confidence builder. Then, I scrolled through Kendamapp and learned Around the Cosmos and Fast Hand Base Cup. That was a really good 45 minutes for me.

The Void

Nice work Waylon and Brad!

I had two sessions today. One 6th Dan practice (average), and another one where I just tried whatever popped into my head. And I finally got Wingrunner! Whoo.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Waylon

Quote from: The Void on 03 May, 2013, 17:07:36
Nice work Waylon and Brad!

I had two sessions today. One 6th Dan practice (average), and another one where I just tried whatever popped into my head. And I finally got Wingrunner! Whoo.

It's awesome to see a guy like you who, in the tutorials, looks so smooth and together, like no trick can't be done, still get stoked about progression and challenging yourself. Hats off.

br4d24

Yeah no kidding eh waylon. When i pray to kendama the gods to land tricks i always visualize Alex Ruisch, the void, and donald in the clouds like mufasa in lion king.

What is a wingrunner anyhow? Sounds like something crazy, which it must be if mr void is stoked to land it! 

BKA

br4d24

When I saw that trick:

EDIT: BAH best 200th post! Didnt even realize until after I posted vidoe :P

The Void

Yesterday I went to a 1-day juggling convention. Fun times clicking with [user]Ian F[/user], [user]Jamiejuggler[/user], Cedric, Dave and Johnny. I was talking about Spacewalk Fast Throw Spike to [user]kendamajohnny[/user], and I managed to hit it first time. I was pretty pleased with myself, but that started to diminish when Johnny got it 1st time too.... and 2nd.... and 3rd.... and in fact 8 times in a row! Holy moly mystic biscuit, this kid's good. Look out Europe, he's coming back with a vengeance!

Meanwhile, I also got another trick for the first time, but I'm saving that one up for video...  :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Kev

Today I:

Landed my first spacewalk

and

got my 'One Shot Consistency Challenge' up to Kyu 2.

Cliffdama

Quote from: br4d24 on 28 April, 2013, 10:15:33

Finally after about a week of practice hard i finally landed this s****r ! Great trick to land!

Waylon

Quote from: Kev on 05 May, 2013, 13:35:28
Today I:

Landed my first spacewalk

and

got my 'One Shot Consistency Challenge' up to Kyu 2.

I got my first Mini Spacewalk! It's fun to know we are all playing and learning from opposite sides of the ocean and all working on the same things.

I'm going to have to take a crack at that consistency challenge when I'm feeling froggy.