News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

I found out today that my stall this weekend will be next to the Japan Foundation's. Looking forwards to chatting to them! :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Dimensions

Double stilt flip!
Been getting these a lot more consistent recently
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

donald grant

That was very nice, Void.

Today I had a little post-golf session in the garden.  Lots of swingy stuff; was rather chuffed getting multiple landings of baton twirl to 1 turn lighthouse, and space walk - handroll - fast throw one turn lighthouse.

Gotta make the most of the good weather while it's still here....:)

The Void

Cheers, @donald grant . Sounds good. I've always found those throw-to-lighthouse moves trickier than they ought to be. Another one for the "to practice" list, I suppose.

Meanwhile, this one leaked out onto the net:

Cliffdama

I always like it to see you have so much fun in it void! Cool stuff.

And i'm going to leave this here for everyone to watch, i'm beyobd hyped that i finally did it! Can you help me name this @thevoid ?

Kev

Great trick!

Personally I'd call it Aeroplane > Gear Change > 3 Turn Reverse Aeroplane.

#AeroGearChangeTripReverseAero

The Void

Another one from earlier this year. Just a simple doubles trick.

Dimensions

Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

HansNickmans

First double lighthouse flip on the Gold Oozora. Felt pretty good.
Kendama Belgium!

the milky oolong

Everyone getting fresh with the 'grams, keep them coming! Had a race to land this and its inverse (Swing-in Trade Backhand Scoop Spike), thought I'd share it with you guys. Tip: drinking tea out of a cup with an owl on it helps you see Stabs better. Scientific fact.

Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

the milky oolong

Ugh. Sorry for the double-post, but just spent most of today being teased out of my mind by getting so close to Inward Lunar Tré. Dug out the old sticky green Ozora, but not happy with the balance, still, not getting close with any other dama in the current collection. Getting to the stage where when I push in the direction of 5 o'clock (lefty) when going for the pop, the landing is giving the proper Lunar landing chime (you dig?), and I watch the spin and the inclined small cup smiling at me in a moment of bewilderment; I'm full-knees but I'm adjusting either too much or too little on the landing. The 'too much' ones are particularly annoying, as I've already had a few suction-cup landings and ballsed them up with over-compensation. Well, makes for good footage. Maybe I'll make a feature-length movie with all the footage I've got so far. Happy dama'ing, never give up.
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

Nice work, Dim, Hans & Milky!

Among the many tricks I need to work on....

HansNickmans

Yesterday I gave a class on kendama at the circusschool. Did the same over more than a year ago, and quite some people remembered the tricks :) Some highlights:
- Kid from the previous class stayed a bit longer and got all the cups and a spike in the end (after 15 min). Guess I'll try to hand him one next time.
- New clicker doing a solid lighthouse after exchanging the Flying Tiger for my Gold Oozora. She was very happy, and managed to do it a second time afterwards.
- One kid asked what the 'hardest' trick on the list was. Since I was going through the dan exam tricks, I told him 2-turn lighthouse. After some time a scream came from his side as he ran after the ken falling of his tama. For 1 second, he did it :)
- Getting a solid stilt and 2-turn lighthouse somersault.

Kendama Belgium!

BKA

Getting people hooked and inspired about kendama is a great feeling. Well done! (...on your tricks too!)