News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The Best Kendama For Lunar's & Stilt's?

Started by Matt.Good.312, 18 February, 2013, 22:54:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt.Good.312

Hey I'm new here but am an intermediate kendama player. I wan't to learn how to do lunar's, lunar landings, and stilts. I Have a Tribute. The paint I found isn't too great for it. What is "the easiest" kendama to do this on. Personal favorites or just brand in general. My guess is Ozora Or Sunrise? Not Sure Please help.
Thanks, Matt

The Void

Hi Matt,
Welcome to the forum.
I guess you're asking about that all-holy quality of "stickiness", in which case there are quite a few comments on that here:
http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,216.0.html

Of the commonly-available brands I've tried, I'm probably leaning towards Sunrises for a slight edge on that, but there are also those kendamas with rubberised coatings (Krom, Aero) which can be a useful training tool. Another option to consider is an oversize kendama, which will make a lot of tricks easier to learn (although more tiring!). You should always aim to transfer the skills you learn with these kendamas to those with a more standard finish, though, if you want to end up as a well-rounded player.
Hope that helps.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

elijah.jackson.376

mreasyguy

aTacks are good to practice on i agree. But always make sure you transfer it to a JKA kendama. I always find if you learn it straight away on say an oozora it's alot easier to transfer to other dama's.

It maybe harder in the long run but it makes you find your balance point  which helps you out alot. And remember, Knees! ;)

PikWik

id reccomend a woodgrain ozora . they break in so nice and grippy
heres The stilts guru with a woodgrain -

kendamaMN

The Sweets ATack is very good for gripping tricks.

AlexSmith

A custom painted kendama is probably your best bet for something that'll lunar well, or try a 2013 pro model!

For stilts, just use a kendama with a well worked in tama / ken and it should be easier!