News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Kendama Records! You can do it how many times!?!?!?!

Started by Dave, 03 November, 2011, 21:47:46

Previous topic - Next topic

KendAlex

And here is my last record of this year.
Around japan 29 times.

;D

BKA

Quote from: KendAlex on 29 December, 2011, 13:25:47
QuoteHmmm... I wonder..... do you think we should make this thread for records for Forum Members only?[1] That would maybe keep it more interesting & competitive between us. And of course, if Ricky or Mahoto-san want to sign-up to the forum they'd be most welcome. Or should it stay as a list of "absolute" records? What do people think?
i never thought about that in the first place, but i get a lot of attention on my facebook and youtube of my records, of people that can do more hits and they gonna try to beat me, i think records are suppose to get broken, and i think it will pump up the skills of every player, to get the consistancy skills too.

For me it is no problem to make a member threat just for the Forum members, but i guess you get more and more members every week now.
this Kendama Forum is the only English forum in Europe and maybe in the rest of the world.

Tell me what you think?
Well, we do keep getting new members, but I'm surprised that it's only about 2 or 3 a week, and not many of them post much, if at all. If the records thread was members-only, it might encourage a few more people to sign up and post their records. But then again, maybe it's a bit silly to ignore the fact that non-member records exist.

Maybe we could track both. e.g.:
Earth Turns: 38 by KendAlex
[noembed]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IW7B_fyx7w[/noembed]

(Non-member record 43 by Mahoto-san )

I'm probably leaning more towards making it members-only, but if there is strong feeling against it, then maybe not. Anyone else got an opinion?

s070s

this one is for alex (little present at the end  ;-)  )

to all of the forum
a happy new year !!!!

The Void

Nice one s070s! Plenty more new records to be set in the new year, I am sure....
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

KendAlex

Quote from: s070s on 31 December, 2011, 14:34:04
this one is for alex (little present at the end  ;-)  )

to all of the forum
a happy new year !!!!

Way to go Eelco, another goal for me to work on.
and thanks for the Aluminium earthspin.
and i wish you also a verry happy newyear.

KendAlex

Quote from: The Void on 31 December, 2011, 17:44:26
Okay, here are a couple of "setting the bar" new records:

I reckon the first will last longer than the second!

Nice Records the Void, also nice to see you're playing again.  ;D

GbH

Hmmm, I'm not really consistent enough to have a go at this record-breaking thing myself.  However, I figured Arthur might be better suited to it*, so got him to have a shot at Alex's Around Japan record...

Yep - 34.  What's more, I can't see anyone else beating it this year!   :)

* Well, he did OK with the G-Ken challenge...

KendAlex

Yeah GbH, Arthur did it, nice one.
congratulations

today i decided to go for the Slip grip Special record of the Void, 3 times. (it hold more then a second lol)
And i made 5

The Void

Ha! Well done Alex. You broke my record and my prediction! :)

KendAlex

thanks.

and here is my last record for today.
i hope you don't get mad,  :(
Around Prefecture 35 times

The Void

Well done... again! :)
No, I'm not mad - after all, 2012 is meant to be the Year Of Kendama Consistency isn't it?

Actually, I only just noticed that when you throw the ball off the spike, you "pull back" to keep the hole stationary. I've always tended to spin it off - which I guess for long runs can cause a problem with string-twisting.

....so you just gave me a tip on how to beat you!  ;)

KendAlex

Thanks, yeah it is.

I use that technik with all the around tricks, to keep the hole in front, and it helps a lot to keep the string straight.
it is always nice to see technics of difference people.
I can't wait to see your best shot again.
;)

KendAlex

i'm sorry Eelco, but i could not stand it you busted my record around the village with 32, so i get it back from you.
the record is 68 now.
i hope you can top it again, good luck
the last tricks is a bonus special for you Eelco.

GbH

Well, Arthur's Around Japan record has now stood for the entire of 2012 (so far!).  Something tells me that it's not going to last too much longer, though...

Well done, Alex, for today's achievements.  68 Aroud The Villages is some going, I think.