News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Switch grip from ken to tama

Started by mabulrub, 07 January, 2016, 12:53:14

Previous topic - Next topic

mabulrub

I am not sure If I got the name right. I always see players during tricks switch grips. One that I am trying to learn is holding the Ken while the tama is in place (SPIKED) flip it in words and switch to holding the tama while the ken is still in the hole of the tama. Every time I try to perform this the ken slips out of the hole of the tama.

Is there any tutorial out there for this, does it have an official name?

Im trying to learn this combo.
Ken flip big cup-spike-switch grip (as described) tama trade base cup- base cup trade lighthouse - lighthouse flip.

I need that switch grip to complete the combo

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

BKA

They are called "Turnovers" or "Grip Changes".

mabulrub

Quote from: BKA on 07 January, 2016, 13:41:17
They are called "Turnovers" or "Grip Changes".
Thanks ☺
Any tutorials?

The Void

I might be able to film something later...
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

mabulrub

Quote from: The Void on 08 January, 2016, 13:51:42
I might be able to film something later...
That would be nice really.
Thanks man

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

mabulrub

Quote from: The Void on 08 January, 2016, 19:18:52
http://kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2685.0.html
@Thevoid
So much thanks to you. You are always helpful. I really appreciate this video.
This is my second request for trick help here and in both time you helped out with videos.
Thank you really.[emoji111]

The Void

You're welcome.
Actually, it's just a coincidence that both times you were asking about something, it was something I thought I could make a quick video about fairly simply. So don't expect one every time! :-)
I'd like to make more tutorial videos, but I like to make my tutorials in depth, like the Essential Eleven, so they take a lot of time that I don't have, unfortunately.

mabulrub

Quote from: The Void on 09 January, 2016, 13:37:37
You're welcome.
Actually, it's just a coincidence that both times you were asking about something, it was something I thought I could make a quick video about fairly simply. So don't expect one every time! :-)
I'd like to make more tutorial videos, but I like to make my tutorials in depth, like the Essential Eleven, so they take a lot of time that I don't have, unfortunately.
Haha. I won't. Promise
I just sometimes wonder why some stuff don't have tutorials. [emoji6]