News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Kendamas in carry on luggage on a flight

Started by johndmc, 23 August, 2016, 09:45:02

Previous topic - Next topic

johndmc

Hi all, has anyone had a bad experience with getting kendamas on to a plane in thier hand luggage? I have 3 with me and one is a jumbo. I thought putting in my hand luggage will save some weight allowance in my suitcase, but not sure on whether this is a good idea?
Dont practice what you can do, practice what you can't! :)

The Void

I've not had a problem so far, but I've erred on the side of caution: Not putting in any kendama that I would be gutted to have confiscated. One occassion I was asked what they were, and I gave a very quick demo, referring to it as a "skill-toy", and calling the sharp bit the "pin", not the "spike".
I probably would put the large one in hold luggage though - it might seem a bit viscious.

Good luck, and happy travels!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

johndmc

Thanks Void, I'll put the large one in hold then. Sadly I'm coming home today rather than going away. Been in Budapest, fantastic city one of my favourites i think.
Dont practice what you can do, practice what you can't! :)

Paul_S

ive never had problems, however polish security thought my juggling clubs had weapon potential (but not the fresh krom viking in andys bag) :/