News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

New arrivals thread (pics) - what did you just get?

Started by The Void, 31 January, 2014, 14:28:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinger

I don't know if I should play with it or just stare at it all day

BKA

You seem to be quite the "trader type", Dinger. If this is your first Musou, then buck the trend and Use It! :)

Dinger

I play with my amethyst every day! I just wasn't expecting the sakura pearl to look as good as it does.  I think I got pretty lucky with the woodgrain

DamaLife24

Got my custom skillbo today from CWCS (www.canadianwoodcustomskilltoys.com) if you guys haven't check these out yet definitely do! Curtis does an amazing job at crafting and painting these things!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bryan Burnett

M.Wang

-M.Wang

Simplicity! CLICKON!
KENDAMA.

DamaLife24

Quote from: M.Wang on 19 July, 2014, 00:29:51
They're so expensive.

$55 for a skillbo isn't that bad. Especially for a hand painted hand made skill toy.

But in other news got this bad boy in the mail today. It was a prize I won during a love stream event with roots kendama.

Bryan Burnett

mreasyguy

Had a good post week this week, new shoes and these babies! The custom Polar bear was a crazy thought I had late one night and mrsourmash turned it from thought to one smexy kendama!

emagdnim

Got a sweets focus from Kendalex.

And bought a gold ozy from Yoko

shalafi

I got this during EKO, I've wanted one for a long time, but somehow the red ones are always sold out.

In fact, this was the last one on the shop for the color.

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

PikWik

aww yeah shalafi. pills are awesome!
they have the same string length as a kendama, the same spike as a kendama, and the same sized opening for the tama.
and theyre perfectly balanced by terra. mine is 68g for the "ken", & 68g for the "tama". but i dont think i got 'lucky'. im positive they weigh each piece separately. because, my pill is not the same chunk of wood, cut in half. its two different pieces of wood that happen to weigh 68g a piece.

true, there arent as many tricks compared to a regular kendama. but its a great palette cleanser in between dama sessions.

fredCP

I agree with you, guys, pills are much fun !
PikWik, if you wanted exactly the same weight, I think you're lucky, here are mine :
Lime green : k=68 / t=54 (122g)
Limited Edition Cherry Wood : k=77 / t=60 (137g)
Blue (2014 new boxes) : k=67 / t=63 (130g)
However, they all play well, each one in its way, the heavier cherry wood is really good, aside from being beautiful, with a nice clicking sound  :)

PikWik

hah, thats awesome. thanks for posting the weights like that. it seems like the newer pills (2014) are a little more consistent.
i have one of the 2014 nattys, dyed camo green

emagdnim

Nice pick up shalaf, I got the same one, dont no the weight of mine. Feels solid do

shalafi

Yes, it is a nice toy, some tricks are easier, but overall I also feel like it makes me better at Kendama.

We were playing some games of Ken with Pills, it was quite fun, mostly becasue we were both making them up on the go. Now that I think about it, they should be games of PILL.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

fredCP

That's right, Pill competitions would be a good idea. Something I also thought about : why not 2 Handed kendama, like the 2A in the yoyo world ?