News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Kendama Consistency Challenge #23

Started by BKA, 13 November, 2013, 17:31:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Kev

Nice one chaps.

And Rob, I've just voted a 'Yes' in your poll.

No practice for me today sadly - shoulder injury, nothing serious but enough to stop play :(

the milky oolong

Quote from: BKA on 14 December, 2013, 17:53:07
Well, it seems like the KCCs aren't very popular, but if you want to, then yes.

I can only speak for myself and say that I've really enjoyed the KCCs on the forum, especially the thematic ones. Lighthouse Keeping opened up an entire universe of tama tricks for me that I'd never even considered; I always thought they were too hard for me. Exactly the opposite of how Rob is feeling it, this KCC didn't daunt me, it inspired me to strive through its 'narrative' (the ladder just told a real story, so to speak).

Not having a camera and/or any viable editing options is a bit of a drawback; I keep connected on a Jurassic-era laptop, and am happy that I can manage that much (video just barely running real-time speed). Watching you guys progress and push each other makes me do the same in my practise, as opposed to excluding me. I'm not sure how the others feel, but I'm of the opinion that serious competitive consistency stuff can only be an example to fellow clickers to get their game tight.

Maybe this post should have gone in [user]Dimensions[/user]'s poll, but I wanted to reserve comment just to keep things impartial, though it's pretty clear from this post my stance on the whole thing.

Keep clicking.
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

shalafi

I did not try this one, although I wanted to, but unfortunately I have very little spare time lately and I only play with the kendama once or twice a week, and it is barely a warmup.

Otherwise, I'd have given this a try, but off camera.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

Dimensions

My idea for KCC #24 is up - please vote up to 15 tricks
http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1492.msg11304.html#new

I decided to go ahead with it anyway as it seems that most people, would be split between the top 2 options
The KCC's have caused a big stir before - especially in KCC #8
So a combination of both have made me show you my ideas
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6