News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Today at the club I managed a Pull-Up Juggle Spike > Juggle Spike. Surprised. I also decided to make Inverse Around The World my cup of tea trick, so I had to wait far too long for my second lemon and ginger. :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Unichuck1

First lunar flip to lumar this morning im making progress next to get it on film :)

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

kendamatty

Nice @Unichuck1 ,  when I started hitting lunar flips, my kendama motivation really rocketed.
And similar to @The Void , I have also been inspired with juggling tricks today. Not coming from a juggling background, I'm especially happy that they're really starting to come together! So today I hit my first double juggles and also a single juggle x 3 to spike. Next, I'm going to try to integrate taps into juggles, as the tap really throws me off catching and then releasing with any control...

The Void

Well done @Unichuck1 !
Quote from: kendamatty on 16 December, 2017, 12:43:33...I have also been inspired with juggling tricks today. Not coming from a juggling background,...
@kendamatty I wish that helped. If it did, I'd be much better, surely?! :) Good work, and good luck.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

kendamatty

Today I...reflected on Sunday's Jam in downtown Barcelona! I had no idea that there were any other players around here, so when I stumbled across "teepeekendamas" on instagram, I was pleasantly surprised.

After some issues with communication and navigation, I finally arrived to a neighbourhood Christmas Market. I was told to follow the music, which is where I found Sergio and the gang, all jamming with their own brand kendamas (which have been around since April this year), in between the family market stall (dedicated to selling their kendamas and pills), and a small food truck, which later turned out to have a DJ and perfect lighting for a mini freestyle competition! During the comp, I hit a couple of tricks like around the bird, some lunar and lighthouse combos, and snatched a 2 turn airplane as the stopwatch hit "UNO"! I was then rewarded with a cup of coffee and a pokeball kendama for my efforts, not too shabby!

After the competition/jam, we played some more, I accidentally knocked a cup of coffee all over the floor of the stall (nobody seemed to mind too much), and shortly after we said our goodbyes and I drove off into the cold Sunday night. I'm looking forward to the next one, hopefully when it's a little warmer!

Unichuck1

Quote from: kendamatty on 19 December, 2017, 08:23:05
Today I...reflected on Sunday's Jam in downtown Barcelona! I had no idea that there were any other players around here, so when I stumbled across "teepeekendamas" on instagram, I was pleasantly surprised.

After some issues with communication and navigation, I finally arrived to a neighbourhood Christmas Market. I was told to follow the music, which is where I found Sergio and the gang, all jamming with their own brand kendamas (which have been around since April this year), in between the family market stall (dedicated to selling their kendamas and pills), and a small food truck, which later turned out to have a DJ and perfect lighting for a mini freestyle competition! During the comp, I hit a couple of tricks like around the bird, some lunar and lighthouse combos, and snatched a 2 turn airplane as the stopwatch hit "UNO"! I was then rewarded with a cup of coffee and a pokeball kendama for my efforts, not too shabby!

After the competition/jam, we played some more, I accidentally knocked a cup of coffee all over the floor of the stall (nobody seemed to mind too much), and shortly after we said our goodbyes and I drove off into the cold Sunday night. I'm looking forward to the next one, hopefully when it's a little warmer!
Never been abroad need to get my passport sorted haha

The Void

The Void

Mini vid here, @kendamatty , in case you haven't seen it:

The Void

Unichuck1

Quote from: The Void on 19 December, 2017, 17:25:20

Mini vid here, @kendamatty , in case you haven't seen it:

Wish it was like this in the uk :(

The Void

The Void

Seems like @cello_91 is too shy to post his trick here, but it's a nice one, so I will. Nice one, Marcel!

The Void

rhys_goes_peace

Check out my instagram: @rhysgoespeace

Unichuck1