News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Alright, let's have a little homage to beckoning cat. From small cup lunar, push the ken up clockwise so there's a small rotation before it's in lighthouse position. Then catch the lighthouse on the back of your non-dominant hand. Other hand should still be holding the tama. Hold for 3 seconds and enjoy! :)

BKA

Ah, that was a Small Lunar? Hmm... Well, guess that makes sense from standard sara grip. And it was approved, so okay, onwards....

178. [from Small Lunar] > 3/4-Turn Weak Hand BackOfHand Lighthouse

- Throw the ken, so the base cup moves up and towards you
- Let the ken turn just under three-quarters of a turn
- Catch the ken on the back of your weak hand in a Lighthouse balance. Hold still.
- Keep holding the tama during the whole trick

Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Anyone can enter. Just join this forum!
Trick Rules
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama. (16cm ken, 60mm ball)
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- Your trick set may end on an active ballance (i.e Candle Balance) but you can use an active ballance in a transition of a trick/set
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait, not Square.

Dimensions, KenSan, Jakub Z, Woodsy & John must sit out this round.
@The Void is now allowed back in.

The Void

Seems like my kind of trick. It's windy out there, but how's this, @John ?

http://juggling.tv/16808 ← Please go to JTV for HD/download
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

John

@The Void Approved! Nice one. Trickier than it looks, especially with an unhelpful gust.

Bonus points for actually beckoning a real life cat during the trick...! :) Imagine if that was some kind of kendama superpower. You'd never practice whirlwinds again...

So, how should we proceed from here?

The Void

Thanks John. Ah, I didn't notice Artemis on the wall there. :-)
Okay, next trick....

Throw the tama onto the spike, keeping the ken balanced on the back of the hand both before and after the ball lands.

To make sure it's a proper throw, and not a place/drop, the hole must be facing upwards when the tama is released.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

This one seems doable, or at least fun to try... (famous last words)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

I tried last night, and got it within 10 goes. But all previous attempts were spectacularly bad. :)

Dimensions

Sorry for the overly long delay for the compilation, but here it is:
(Ewan's entry seemed to be deleted, so I re-filmed it)

http://juggling.tv/16815 ← Please go to JTV for HD/download

Prize draw winner is listed at the end of the video, numbers correspond to below:
1. KenSan Jnr.
2. @The Void
3. @the milky oolong
4. @KenSan
5. @s070s
6. @Dimensions
7. @jakub.zahumensky
8. @BenPycroft24
9. @fiddletriks
10. @shalafi
11. @John
12. @Cliffdama
13. @Matt Goody
14. @kendamatty

Could the winner please contact @BKA for the prize
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

BKA

Cliffdama

Woohoo!!! Totally forgot about this! Thanks allready! Really love to see the combo is still alive.   ;D

John

KenSan

Well done the winner and thanks @Dimensions for putting the video together.

And Wow. That footage of Kensan Jnr is from 2 years ago :o
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

shalafi

Thanks @Dimensions congrats to the winner and yes, that has been long... footage of my old office :)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

BKA

179. [from Back-of-weak-hand Lighthouse] > Throw to Loaded Back-of-weak-hand balance
- Throw the tama (with the hole facing upwards)
- After it has turned 180°, catch the tama on the balanced ken's spike
- Maintain the balance, *still*, for 2 seconds+.

Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Anyone can enter. Just join this forum!
Trick Rules
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama. (16cm ken, 60mm ball)
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- Your trick set may end on an active ballance (i.e Candle Balance) but you can use an active ballance in a transition of a trick/set
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait, not Square.

KenSan, Jakub Z, Woodsy, John & The Void must sit out this round.
@Dimensions is now allowed back in.

BKA