News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

404 Timeout when I try to post a picture...

Started by M.Wang, 30 December, 2014, 05:41:50

Previous topic - Next topic

M.Wang

Hey guys.
Recently I've found that whenever I try to post a picture, it doesn't post and says 404 timeout requested after the loading bar doesn't move for about two minutes. I don't know if this relates to this post: http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1056.0.html but if you can @BKA can you please try to remedy this problem so I can resume posting some of my recent photos?

Thanks for your help!

M.Wang
-M.Wang

Simplicity! CLICKON!
KENDAMA.

BKA

We think it's unlikely to be related to that post, but as a precaution we have just re-run all forum maintenance tasks.

More likely is that you are exceeding the file size limit for attaching files to posts. There is a maximum of 500KB for any one image, or 1500Kb total for one post. Please check the size of the files you are trying to attach. Most modern cameras will probably produce images that are larger than this. You can host them on an image hosting site (e.g. Flickr) and post links to/embed the images here, or else you will need to compress your images with some software before you try to upload them as attachments. (Google "image compression software" for suggestions, and add "free" to that search term if you are skint!).

Suggested example: if you have a jpg that is 4.5MB, and 4320x2880 pixels, if you reduce the scale to 800x533pixels, and then compress (Save As..) again as a jpg, at say, 87%, then your new image will only ~53KB, and will fit easily on a computer screen, but will "look the same". (Exact numbers will vary, depending on your files/software.)

If you are not talking about adding attachments to replies, then we're not sure what the problem is, so please describe exactly what you are trying to do before you get this error.

Edit: http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1217.0.html , in case you haven't seen it.

M.Wang

Quote from: BKA on 30 December, 2014, 12:03:35
We think it's unlikely to be related to that post, but as a precaution we have just re-run all forum maintenance tasks.

More likely is that you are exceeding the file size limit for attaching files to posts. There is a maximum of 500KB for any one image, or 1500Kb total for one post. Please check the size of the files you are trying to attach. Most modern cameras will probably produce images that are larger than this. You can host them on an image hosting site (e.g. Flickr) and post links to/embed the images here, or else you will need to compress your images with some software before you try to upload them as attachments. (Google "image compression software" for suggestions, and add "free" to that search term if you are skint!).

Suggested example: if you have a jpg that is 4.5MB, and 4320x2880 pixels, if you reduce the scale to 800x533pixels, and then compress (Save As..) again as a jpg, at say, 87%, then your new image will only ~53KB, and will fit easily on a computer screen, but will "look the same". (Exact numbers will vary, depending on your files/software.)

If you are not talking about adding attachments to replies, then we're not sure what the problem is, so please describe exactly what you are trying to do before you get this error.

Edit: http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1217.0.html , in case you haven't seen it.
Thanks BKA! I'll be trying that today.
-M.Wang

Simplicity! CLICKON!
KENDAMA.