News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

VOTW 23-04-2012 Kendama Geneve New edit sliced in single tricks!

Started by KendaMushroom, 23 April, 2012, 08:30:56

Previous topic - Next topic

KendaMushroom

[This week's VOTW is Trick III, in the next post. - moderator]

Hey guys, after the EKC last year I started gathering some clips, but yeah nothing fancy enough to stack up in a whole edit. So I decided to post weekly clips in a random order. So here's is 1 & 2 for the ones who've missed them. and number 3 is fresh from today! ENJOY!

Single trick 1:

Single trick 2:

and 3 Is being uploaded! thanks bye!

KendaMushroom

Single Trick III!

Loulouis

Bwaaaa! I'd already seen your first two single tricks, but the third is... Amazing!
It must be a incredible sensation...

Edit: It deserve its place here... Widely.
(Sorry for the french to english speaking, hope you will get the intention.)

The Void

# 3 is great, Nic!
A spike on a tama-tama must be very hard. Come to think of it, I'm not sure if I've seen anyone do that.... have they all been cup or bird tricks done so far, or is my memory failing me[nb]Sorry, what was the question?[/nb]?
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

KendaMushroom

Quote from: The Void on 23 April, 2012, 13:40:49
# 3 is great, Nic!
A spike on a tama-tama must be very hard. Come to think of it, I'm not sure if I've seen anyone do that.... have they all been cup or bird tricks done so far, or is my memory failing me[nb]Sorry, what was the question?[/nb]?

Thanks guys!
the video is glitchy by the way because I was staring at the camera like an idiot for 5 seconds before spiking haha. I've done a tomeken and slip grip special in my Firework edit. I've never seen a bird to spike though. Shimadera did a slip on stick!! I got it on film! Hope I have time to release my official EKC11 edit before the next one :)

LarsVegas

That's a nice idea to show a-trick-a-week.

I've got a question about the second trick with the triple spins: Can you still see what you're doing and react, i.e. can you differentiate between the spins and  see when the ken points up and down? Or do you have such a good feeling about how much to spin, that you (your hand) simply know what to do?
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

KendaMushroom

Quote from: LarsVegas on 25 April, 2012, 18:36:47
That's a nice idea to show a-trick-a-week.

I've got a question about the second trick with the triple spins: Can you still see what you're doing and react, i.e. can you differentiate between the spins and  see when the ken points up and down? Or do you have such a good feeling about how much to spin, that you (your hand) simply know what to do?

thanks!

Actually with time, It's become easier to spot and sort of "count" the numbers of turn. 2 turn airplane being a "regular" trick, I kinda figure how much more spins it needs before catching. up to 4 spins I still can figure...5 and over is trickier but its all about how fast and straight you spin it, and you sort of feel how many times it turns depending on how long it stays up in the air. hope that made sense!