News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Kendama Lunarability

Started by the milky oolong, 07 September, 2013, 23:23:59

Previous topic - Next topic

RodDama

i honesly dont thnk it makes them any harder!i anything, id say i feel more control with a longer spike (to a point...) because the ken doesnt slip out of the hole or around as much.. then again i do always seem to have trouble with the j sticks on the dan gradings... haha
-RodDama!

www.terrakendama.com

axel.aas.12

Working on lunar flips.

Wu Tang Forever!

sunnyD

Hi all, happened across this topic and some good news for easier linar days. After 8 years SunRise will make a small change in kendama made after 1/7/17: deep breath....the Sarado will be lowered by 4mm as standard (also string hole).
My first kendama (thanks Void) was an OG green ozora. Perfect when new and after intense play the spike length extended. Designing the SunRise the thought was: start a little high and allow play to settle the Sarado at the perfect height. What happened is that the Sarado stayed put.
Looking foward to lunar comments on the lunar friendly model and sincerely hope that it is a benefit to the community.
How will you know? Maybe an addition of LC on the barcode (Lunar Compatible)

All the best, David (SunRise)

The Void

@sunnyD I'll just stick a couple of the old ones aside for myself then. :-)
Good luck with the new model - hope Da Kidzā„¢ like it.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

sunnyD

Catch up at SpikeDama, heard the you might be there. Kendama even clah in Amsterdam on the Saturday so hope to see you on Sunday.
Cheers, David

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

John

Definitely looking forward to the new batch of Sunrise kendamas! I actually bought my first one from you @sunnyD when you came to the Ballring with Jeffrey, and went through a few more after that. The lemon yellow was by far my favourite - the paint pretty much disintegrated around the bevel after a couple of months and it was the most ridiculous bird machine. Served me very well and played that thing to death.

Will there be any other treats in store for the new batch..? :)

sunnyD

Good to hear that, thanks for the bird note. BTO is up next, build to order. The guess is that everyone has a favourite kendama and we will happily hunt through our stock of interchangeable ken/sarado/tama selection and deliver on a "to within 1 gram" on each part. White string only for now. Tip: you need a good scale to measure to 1/10 of a gram, plenty of those in Amsterdam